Change group 3 cars category

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by thestig1978, Sep 18, 2019.

1. thestig1978

thestig1978

Why does it not let you change a group 3 car to a group 4 or group 2 the amount of times I want to take my group 3 cars into the group 2 races. I think changing category would be lots more fun

2. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

It may seem obvious, but please do elaborate on what you mean by "change a group 3 car". I'm ever so curious.

3. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

He means tuning it up or down a category like an N-Class car.

Skipping all the long explanations, they’re purpose-built racing cars and turning the power down isn’t going to change its class to slot in with other racing cars of a different philosophy.

4. Jay Matthews

Jay Matthews

You can do this in arcade mode. :tup:

Draggon and OnyxMoneytron like this.
  5. twitcher

twitcher

So you want to race a Renault Megane vs a Honda NSX GT500.....

......ladies and gentlemen, I think we’ve found ourselves a PD employee here :lol: :p

6. Draggon

Draggon

I run Gr.4 against Gr.3 frequently, to get more credit payout, and sometimes I like to pretend I've got an AWD GR.3 car.

7. talhaONE

talhaONE

I want to drive Toyota TS050 against gr.4 cars. If it "would be lots more of fun".

8. thestig1978

thestig1978

Thank you for clearing up what I was trying to say

9. GTNihei

GTNihei

I think it would be okay if Gr.3s could get BoPd with Gr.2s. Iirc, in real life Super GT, GT3 cars can compete amongst them (not sure if in the same category or something but they can).

thestig1978 likes this.
  10. Greycap

Greycap Premium

"Real" Super GT cars run in the GT500 category, GT3s run in the GT300 category together with purpose-built GT300 machines with less power but more aerodynamics and less weight. So perhaps not BOP'd but just allowed to race together.

GTNihei likes this.
  11. GTNihei

GTNihei

Ah, thanks for refreshing my memory! So just multi-class racing. I guess that's why the Gr.3 cars are backmarkers in the GT League JGTC event :D

...now we need GT300 cars. Maybe in GT7?

meekrab likes this.
  12. pedrocor

pedrocor

Multiclass indeed, they even have separate rolling stars, the GT3/GT300 starting some 30 seconds after the GT500.

I don't see why we shouldn't have GT300 cars in Gr. 3 class. Make more sense to me to have a GT300 Prius or GT86 as Toyota representatives in Gr. 3 than some fictionals FT-1 and Supra.
    Or a Subaru BRZ GT300 instead of a fictional WRX...

hairless_ape likes this.
  13. hairless_ape

hairless_ape

The Supra is a bit different than the Subaru's here though. While it's only going to be at GT500 car in Super GT, there supposedly will be a GT3 version of the car for the numerous racing series outside of Japan.