Change group 3 cars category

United Kingdom
Aberdeen
Why does it not let you change a group 3 car to a group 4 or group 2 the amount of times I want to take my group 3 cars into the group 2 races. I think changing category would be lots more fun

It may seem obvious, but please do elaborate on what you mean by "change a group 3 car". I'm ever so curious.

He means tuning it up or down a category like an N-Class car.

Skipping all the long explanations, they’re purpose-built racing cars and turning the power down isn’t going to change its class to slot in with other racing cars of a different philosophy.

He means tuning it up or down a category like an N-Class car.

Skipping all the long explanations, they’re purpose-built racing cars and turning the power down isn’t going to change its class to slot in with other racing cars of a different philosophy.
Thank you for clearing up what I was trying to say

I think it would be okay if Gr.3s could get BoPd with Gr.2s. Iirc, in real life Super GT, GT3 cars can compete amongst them (not sure if in the same category or something but they can).

I think it would be okay if Gr.3s could get BoPd with Gr.2s. Iirc, in real life Super GT, GT3 cars can compete amongst them (not sure if in the same category or something but they can).
"Real" Super GT cars run in the GT500 category, GT3s run in the GT300 category together with purpose-built GT300 machines with less power but more aerodynamics and less weight. So perhaps not BOP'd but just allowed to race together.

Ah, thanks for refreshing my memory! So just multi-class racing. I guess that's why the Gr.3 cars are backmarkers in the GT League JGTC event :D

...now we need GT300 cars. Maybe in GT7?

Ah, thanks for refreshing my memory! So just multi-class racing. I guess that's why the Gr.3 cars are backmarkers in the GT League JGTC event :D

...now we need GT300 cars. Maybe in GT7?

Multiclass indeed, they even have separate rolling stars, the GT3/GT300 starting some 30 seconds after the GT500.

I don't see why we shouldn't have GT300 cars in Gr. 3 class. Make more sense to me to have a GT300 Prius or GT86 as Toyota representatives in Gr. 3 than some fictionals FT-1 and Supra.
Or a Subaru BRZ GT300 instead of a fictional WRX...

Multiclass indeed, they even have separate rolling stars, the GT3/GT300 starting some 30 seconds after the GT500.

I don't see why we shouldn't have GT300 cars in Gr. 3 class. Make more sense to me to have a GT300 Prius or GT86 as Toyota representatives in Gr. 3 than some fictionals FT-1 and Supra.
Or a Subaru BRZ GT300 instead of a fictional WRX...

The Supra is a bit different than the Subaru's here though. While it's only going to be at GT500 car in Super GT, there supposedly will be a GT3 version of the car for the numerous racing series outside of Japan.

Back