Change tires before the race starts

Belgium
Belgium
Hi,
Maybe a silly question from a rookie: In many races a pitstop to change tires is mandatory. Let's say the race starts as default on S- tires and you have to change to M -tires during pitstop. If I want to start the race on M -tires (and change to S-tires during pitstop) for tactical reasons, how can I do that before the race starts? Thanks for helping me out

You have around one minute between qualy and the race start to choose your starting tire. Just remember you have to change the fronts first before you can change the rears.

You have around one minute between qualy and the race start to choose your starting tire. Just remember you have to change the fronts first before you can change the rears.
Thanks, but how do I actually do this? You can' drive into the pit can you?

Thanks, but how do I actually do this? You can' drive into the pit can you?
There's two different vehicle settings menu buttons on the main lobby overview screen. One button has a spanner on it, the other a cog. You can change your starting tyre with either.

The only place it won't work is a lobby. There is no time between qualy and race start so you will have to make sure any changes are done during the end of qualifying.

There's two different vehicle settings menu buttons on the main lobby overview screen. One button has a spanner on it, the other a cog. You can change your starting tyre with either.
One tip is to chance the front tires first. I tried to change the rears first and it wouldn’t let me, so I thought I couldn’t change Them... but that’s because they have to be same as the fronts.

Back