Changed difficulty for latest Playlist

• Thread starter RogsR34UK
  • 25 comments
England
Near Oxford, UK
RogsR35UK
RogsR34UK
I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Difficulty had changed from Expert to Highly Skilled on the latest events (at least the ones I tried had). I used the Lotus 340R suitably upgraded for the event to win the Mini JCW Convertible. Other than an AI Cobra with a tendency to run away it wasn’t too bad.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Difficulty had changed from Expert to Highly Skilled on the latest events (at least the ones I tried had). I used the Lotus 340R suitably upgraded for the event to win the Mini JCW Convertible. Other than an AI Cobra with a tendency to run away it wasn’t too bad.

If they keep it at "Highly Skilled", guess what I'll be running from now on. :)

The AI in Horizon cheats, I have no desire of proving myself against ******** like that. It cheats less in Motorsport: over there, the issue is that it's just plain bad, although it can provide good racing sometimes.

Yaaa, on the lower class ones I do fine. The S2 ones I am really terrible at.

There's nothing I dislike in this game more than having to complete S2 Trial events, I think they shouldn't be a thing in general. Even when I do get a setup capable of a podium finish, my teammates end up being useless more often than not. :ouch:

The most obvious one is the "superfriend" (kudos to a fellow member here for the name):

1) Superfriend shoots off into the distance and never makes mistakes. By the time you move up to second, you have little chance of winning.
2) You take the lead and superfriend will stay glued to your rear like a magnet.
3) On street races, superfriend never hits traffic, not even once.
4) On offroad races, superfriend is unfazed by water puddles that greatly upset your car (other AI benefit from this as well).
5) Naturally, superfriend has superglue in his tires, so he has more grip on tight 90-degree corners as well as under wet conditions.
6) In cross country, superfriend keeps momentum way more efficiently than a human could.

The general annoying behavior of the CPU drivers when fighting for position is actually due to the Drivatar system. Skilled friends will be much more difficult to pass. The better guys in my friends' list allow for some great battles.

Unfortunately, the Drivatar system, contrary to common perception, is related only to driver behavior and not to driver skill level, nor pace. So the slower guys in your friends' list might randomly take up the role of "superfriend" and, since they drive badly, they may be more prone to ramming and blocking, among other poor behavior.

tl;dr The AI cheats due to the generous speed boosts and physics buffs it gets, and it can be even more annoying depending on who your Drivatars are.

The most obvious one is the "superfriend" (kudos to a fellow member here for the name):

1) Superfriend shoots off into the distance and never makes mistakes. By the time you move up to second, you have little chance of winning.
2) You take the lead and superfriend will stay glued to your rear like a magnet.
3) On street races, superfriend never hits traffic, not even once.
4) On offroad races, superfriend is unfazed by water puddles that greatly upset your car (other AI benefit from this as well).
5) Naturally, superfriend has superglue in his tires, so he has more grip on tight 90-degree corners as well as under wet conditions.
6) In cross country, superfriend keeps momentum way more efficiently than a human could.

The general annoying behavior of the CPU drivers when fighting for position is actually due to the Drivatar system. Skilled friends will be much more difficult to pass. The better guys in my friends' list allow for some great battles.

Unfortunately, the Drivatar system, contrary to common perception, is related only to driver behavior and not to driver skill level, nor pace. So the slower guys in your friends' list might randomly take up the role of "superfriend" and, since they drive badly, they may be more prone to ramming and blocking, among other poor behavior.

tl;dr The AI cheats due to the generous speed boosts and physics buffs it gets, and it can be even more annoying depending on who your Drivatars are.
I think you have most of it figured out, you're just missing that the "superfriend" is just replicating amazing laps the fastest people on your friends list run, or possibly even just laps from the leaderboards.

So if I take a really great car with a great setup, and run a really great time in a perfect race, my friends will eventually have to race against that perfect race.
It won't necessarily show up to the pertaining driver, like you said, "superfriend" can be any name on your friends list that has the game.

I dislike the higher class events. I did eventually manage the S1 class Dodge/Chevy event in a tuned AWD Viper ACR. Still a bit of a lottery as to whether the AI cars go off into the distance. Finishing that race got me the Morris Mini Traveller.

Having exceeded 50%, that’s my lot for this weeks Playlist, other than the daily challenges.

That Mini Traveller caught me out. I checked under Mini and there was no sign of it. Fortunately it was under Morris! Decided it needed a bit of an engine boost, so staying at D100, I just about doubled the horsepower to 67HP with a 1275 engine and tunable gearbox... something of an improvement.

There's nothing I dislike in this game more than having to complete S2 Trial events, I think they shouldn't be a thing in general. Even when I do get a setup capable of a podium finish, my teammates end up being useless more often than not. :ouch:

I feel your pain...

I think you have most of it figured out, you're just missing that the "superfriend" is just replicating amazing laps the fastest people on your friends list run, or possibly even just laps from the leaderboards.

So if I take a really great car with a great setup, and run a really great time in a perfect race, my friends will eventually have to race against that perfect race.
It won't necessarily show up to the pertaining driver, like you said, "superfriend" can be any name on your friends list that has the game.
They also don't get hindered and slowed down by breakable objects if they're just a tad bit ahead of you in offroad races. So yeah, they do cheat. Much like the puddles the user mentioned.

Amazing laps don't let you ghost through objects and let you travel unhindered through huge puddles.

They also don't get hindered and slowed down by breakable objects if they're just a tad bit ahead of you in offroad races. So yeah, they do cheat. Much like the puddles the user mentioned.

Amazing laps don't let you ghost through objects and let you travel unhindered through huge puddles.
They do that on lower difficulties than unbeatable.

I beat them on unbeatable pretty darn regularly, so if you can't, you could just accept that you're not fast enough, instead of calling a video game a cheater.

They do that on lower difficulties than unbeatable.

I beat them on unbeatable pretty darn regularly, so if you can't, you could just accept that you're not fast enough, instead of calling a video game a cheater.
I beat them on unbeatable pretty regularly too, and it's the only difficulty I play unless its a point to point race because the crash fest that becomes is just more annoying rather than difficult. So with that, that's the only place I've encountered it. That's a pretty dumb thing to assume, as if you're making some kind of point against me. :lol: I have absolutely no problem beating the Ai on unbeatable, never have, and never insinuated I have. All I said was that if they are ahead of you by a bit, you can literally see them phasing through objects without destroying them.

You've even pointed out it happening even if you're trying to actually downplay it, making it an even more asinine thing to say.

What you should do is not try to be so smug, as if playing on unbeatable is actually hard in the first place. The ridiculous things people say sometimes.. It's like you didn't even read anything in the post, and instead responded to things that weren't said.

I beat them on unbeatable pretty regularly too, and it's the only difficulty I play unless its a point to point race because the crash fest that becomes is just more annoying rather than difficult. So with that, that's the only place I've encountered it. That's a pretty dumb thing to assume, as if you're making some kind of point against me. :lol: I have absolutely no problem beating the Ai on unbeatable, never have, and never insinuated I have. All I said was that if they are ahead of you by a bit, you can literally see them phasing through objects without destroying them.

You've even pointed out it happening even if you're trying to actually downplay it, making it an even more asinine thing to say.

What you should do is not try to be so smug, as if playing on unbeatable is actually hard in the first place. The ridiculous things people say sometimes.. It's like you didn't even read anything in the post, and instead responded to things that weren't said.
Triggered?
I never said it was hard. I said if you can't beat it you don't have to call it "cheating".
I also said it happens on lower levels, which means it isn't exclusive to unbeatable, which defies the original statement (that wasn't you) that they "cheat" on unbeatable.

I've yet to play a video game where the AI doesn't use some kind of advantage.

I stopped calling them "cheaters" when I grew up.

Triggered?
I never said it was hard. I said if you can't beat it you don't have to call it "cheating".
I also said it happens on lower levels, which means it isn't exclusive to unbeatable, which defies the original statement (that wasn't you) that they "cheat" on unbeatable.

I've yet to play a video game where the AI doesn't use some kind of advantage.

I stopped calling them "cheaters" when I grew up.
You said things that had no relevance to the point being made, that’s what you said. Especially weird considering I never even brought up how easy it is to win. It was less triggered and more downright confusing considering I never said anything about it being too hard to beat. It just literally didn’t make sense. Then you tried to argue that it’s just really good lap times. Yeah, no.

All that was, is pointing out that they do in fact cheat. If they ghost through objects, That’s cheating. It’s not the same as a handicap advantage of having minimal traction loss. Just like in FH3 where the AI could skip out of checkpoints with out having to reset. Which is very much cheating as well.

So if I didn’t mention unbeatable why respond to my post as if it had anything to do with what I said. I just pointed out that it happens in game, that the AI does in fact cheat. You’re discussing semantics at this point for little to no reason.

Glad to hear you’re growing up though. Please try just responding to things that are said though, instead of making assumptions.

Last edited:
You said things that had no relevance to the point being made, that’s what you said. Especially weird considering I never even brought up how easy it is to win. It was less triggered and more downright confusing considering I never said anything about it being too hard to beat. It just literally didn’t make sense. Then you tried to argue that it’s just really good lap times. Yeah, no.

All that was, is pointing out that they do in fact cheat. If they ghost through objects, That’s cheating. It’s not the same as a handicap advantage of having minimal traction loss. Just like in FH3 where the AI could skip out of checkpoints with out having to reset. Which is very much cheating as well.

So if I didn’t mention unbeatable why respond to my post as if it had anything to do with what I said. I just pointed out that it happens in game, that the AI does in fact cheat. You’re discussing semantics at this point for little to no reason.

Glad to hear you’re growing up though. Please try just responding to things that are said though, instead of making assumptions.
Perhaps next time you jump into a conversation, remember that the person was replying to what somebody else said, and might even continue addressing it, under a crazy assumption that you know what's going on.

Thank you, I'm sure the same will happen to you soon. :cheers:

Perhaps next time you jump into a conversation, remember that the person was replying to what somebody else said, and might even continue addressing it, under a crazy assumption that you know what's going on.
Next time you respond to someone, maybe try responding to what they actually said. Read it over carefully, and make sure what you're saying in response has anything to do with what the poster you're replying to wrote. If you were actually addressing someone else, then try actually addressing them instead. I'm sure you'll get it down sooner or later if you try.

Aside from that, I did know what was being said that's why I responded by re-enforcing what the original poster said. That much is extremely obvious. However, saying:

even though I've never mentioned it being hard, or that I couldn't beat it, as a response to me, doesn't really add up whatsoever. Might just want to pay attention next time.

Next time you respond to someone, maybe try responding to what they actually said. Read it over carefully, and make sure what you're saying in response has anything to do with what the poster you're replying to wrote. If you were actually addressing someone else, then try actually addressing them instead. I'm sure you'll get it down sooner or later if you try.

Aside from that, I did know what was being said that's why I responded by re-enforcing what the original poster said. That much is extremely obvious. However, saying:

even though I've never mentioned it being hard, or that I couldn't beat it, as a response to me, doesn't really add up whatsoever. Might just want to pay attention next time.
It's not always about just you.

It's not always about just you.
Well when you reply quoting someone directly, and using a term they used to describe something and and make a very specific response about the term that said person used(without actually signifying that you were actually talking to someone else in the first place) it'd be easy to think that it actually was about me.

Seems that should basically be common sense, really, considering that's how people actually use the quote button - to actually respond to a point someone made. Even thinking on that too, it still would have very much been easy to assume it was directed at me, as well, since what you said was pretty much directed at anyone using the word "cheating." If it wasn't to me, than make sure to quote the correct people next time.

I always use them on unbeatable, I’m not saying it’s ‘easy’ as that makes me seem arrogant but I will say a big part is building a decent car, so if it’s on dirt make sure have rally tyres.

I always use them on unbeatable, I’m not saying it’s ‘easy’ as that makes me seem arrogant but I will say a big part is building a decent car, so if it’s on dirt make sure have rally tyres.
Saying it's easy is not arrogant. Everyone has different skill levels, so it shouldn't be an issue if some can adjust better than others. Some will find it easy, some won't, and I don't see the issue with everyone being able to talk about their experiences.

The hardest part of the AI on unbeatable is basically the offroad/cross country races because of the things mentioned above. If they would just not cheat by phasing through breakable objects, then I think it would be an easier pill to swallow for some, on any difficulty.

However, they do seem a good bit slower this iteration than any of the others so far. It's either that, or that we're able to lengthen the races if we want, in turn giving us more time to escape the crash fest that is the first few turns of a race.

The worst is the co op AI, me and my friend often experience what seems to be them having an visible force field which you bounce off when trying to get past cleanly, or the fact that in Co-op the AI go off the rails and try to side swap you off the road loads .

The worst is the co op AI, me and my friend often experience what seems to be them having an visible force field which you bounce off when trying to get past cleanly, or the fact that in Co-op the AI go off the rails and try to side swap you off the road loads .
I'm betting that's just a latency issue that you're experiencing. As for getting swiped off the road, that actually just happens in every part of the game that the AI is involved.

Latest Posts

Back