Changing petrol?

United Kingdom
London
AstonMartinDBR9S
Should there be a feature to change from road to race fuel, or change company, (Shell, BP etc) and also be able to turn up the compression ratio so the car can handle the better more powerful fuel.

I know it should not be at the top of the list, but would you like these kind of feature in future GT games?

Compression ratio tuning has actual performance advantages and disadvantages that I would love PD to implement in GT6.

Fuel types and especially fuel companies would be a complete waste of time; and most professional racing series have the fuel supplied to the teams anyway.

Can I vacuum out the dust and dirt from my car, saving me one-half ounce of weight?

Can't be too obsessive if you're PD.

Shouldn't be too hard to implement since they already have the vacuum cleaner sounds recorded.

I'll get my coat.

Sorry. Can't use the current car (BR-Z) because it is out of gas. Please go to GT auto to refill it.

In a BR-Z only lobby. Have fun wasting 5 minutes of your life because someone thought changing oil in a videogame is realistic.

Or starting with less fuel than the rest, or having better petrol than them. Advantages based on spending time on the menus and even without knowledge involved: no thanks.

Maybe implement it using a one-off fee like when buying the different tyre grades?

Maximise power gain with relevant engine upgrades after that.

Then again, I assumed that cars were already using race fuel or 100 octane stuff or something like that. Thus somewhat explaining the higher than expected HP when a car is broken in and the oil is fresh.

I think it would be hard to change company (BP, Shell, etc) because if that feature would be of any point there would have to be a difference between the fuels and I don't think any petrol company would accept any less than having the best fuel in the game. It might be possible though to have different fuels of the same company, or making fictional fuel companies.

If they implemented something similar to Codemasters Formula 1 series where you could change fuel mix between Weak, Normal and Rich then I think that could become a good idea. Especially in Endurance races. However if they do different companies then I couldn't care less about them doing it.

Personally I think they need to focus on the key features and physics of the game before they even think about adding anything like this.

If they have time to implement something like this, then they better have added the things that are far more important to their fans, as well as fix the things that so many are disappointed with. Once all of that is done, then they can worry about this type of stuff.

EDIT: Didn't see SimonK's post on page 2, pretty much what he said.

Back