Changing the Game

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Finally made the change across from GT7 to ACC, what a difference.
Having always played GT I'd never really come across another "racing Sim" and only really heard of iRacing but being PS5 that is not an option.
Fed up with getting bumped off online racing on GT7 and the absolutely ridiculous penalty system, I was really looking for something different and more sim like.

I found ACC, and what a game changer for me...it's an actual Sim. GT7 is a car collecting game (pretty as it is), the racing isn't bad I just felt like I was playing a game the whole time. ACC is a totally different ballgame.

Having started on a career, the immediate difference in handling is INsane. I love the fact everything is real to life as it can be, starting in the pits, formation laps, the whole shabang i love it all. its brilliant BUT it is SO different i get lost

My first race, was a shambles, but mainly for not really knowing what im doing when it comes to pit stops. Qualified pole in both races, the first one having established a decent lead, I got 30 sec pen for pit lane speeding. Came in to serve said pen and did it again :) idiot.

Second race, decent lead, hit back-marker (they actually and active look to get out of your way! GT7 they do not do that and I did not expect that!), spun, lost my decent lead then for some reason known only to the Gods of racing, I had a 2:05 pen in the pits? ruined my race.

Either way, got some decent upgrades coming this week in a Fanatec DD Pro with Mclaren GT3 wheel so.....wish me luck!

Any tips or hints would be appreciated. I dont know how big the online scene is on PS5?

My first tip is to not use Fanatecs recommended settings. Button mapping on the McLaren is personal preference but for the important stuff I've got fuel map on the right toggle, brake bias on the left, ABS and TC assigned to the rotaries, pit limiter on R3, cycle hud L3, ignition on square & starter on X. I've started using the analogue paddles now for the clutch as well.

BTW Your 2:05 penalty was probably car repair time due to damage from hitting the back marker.

These are my wheel settings if you want to give them a try.

SEN match to in game steer lock. I was using auto but for some reason it now oscillates badly.
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP 10
NFR 5
NIN OFF
INT OFF
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR OFF
DPR 50

In Game
Gain 55
Min Force 0
Dynamic Damping 100
Road Effects 10
Steer Lock car dependent

Last edited:
My first tip is to not use Fanatecs recommended settings. Button mapping on the McLaren is personal preference but for the important stuff I've got fuel map on the right toggle, brake bias on the left, ABS and TC assigned to the rotaries, pit limiter on R3, cycle hud L3, ignition on square & starter on X. I've started using the analogue paddles now for the clutch as well.

BTW Your 2:05 penalty was probably car repair time due to damage from hitting the back marker.

SEN match to in game steer lock. I was using auto but for some reason it now oscillates badly.
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP 10
NFR 5
NIN OFF
INT OFF
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR OFF
DPR 50

In Game
Gain 55
Min Force 0
Dynamic Damping 100
Road Effects 10
Steer Lock car dependent
Thanks so much for this man. I know this sounds kinda dumb, but how does the import tax thing work? Any ideas, I’m based out of EEA so whenever I put all the stuff in a basket, it removes tax and apparently it’s due to UPS before they deliver? Don’t think I’ve done that before. Tomorrow is the day I jump in and order the stuff

Thanks so much for this man. I know this sounds kinda dumb, but how does the import tax thing work? Any ideas, I’m based out of EEA so whenever I put all the stuff in a basket, it removes tax and apparently it’s due to UPS before they deliver? Don’t think I’ve done that before. Tomorrow is the day I jump in and order the stuff
Yes, the German tax gets removed at checkout then you'll get an invoice from UPS on import for 20% VAT plus about a £14 handling fee.

FFB 100
PEAK
NDP 10
NFR 5
NIN OFF
INT OFF
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR OFF
DPR 50

In Game
Gain 55
Min Force 0
Dynamic Damping 100
Road Effects 10
Steer Lock car dependent
After endless waiting, it's finally here and set up. Literal game changer. Going from G29 to this DD Pro and Mclaren wheel, there is no comparison - though I might have to hit the gym. My goodness. I've never been in a Racing/ Sports car but I can imagine this is more like it feels. I did 5laps of Imola, posted my quickest time but am knackered. haha. pathetic but fun!

After endless waiting, it's finally here and set up. Literal game changer. Going from G29 to this DD Pro and Mclaren wheel, there is no comparison - though I might have to hit the gym. My goodness. I've never been in a Racing/ Sports car but I can imagine this is more like it feels. I did 5laps of Imola, posted my quickest time but am knackered. haha. pathetic but fun!
ACC does give you a bit of a work out 🤣

Back