Chaparal Continuation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fangio
  • 18 comments
  • 1,383 views

Fangio

Galactic Gadfly
Premium
Messages
356
Greetings All Ye Cyber Speedsters,
I have just read that the Chaparal 2E is being produced for sale. This incredible racer is a continuation car, and equipped with a high hp 350 V8. The car is being constructed using the original jigs, and molds, and will be very close to the original in execution. The original 6 cars still exist but have never been offered for sale, and in all likelihood will never be. Anyone with $400,000.00 will be able to buy one of these continuation cars. I am currently waiting for video on this beast, and will provide more information later.
Lord Overseer, I am sure that this should be posted elsewhere, so in your all seeing benevolence, be of kindness and move gently, this grey beards post. And be thine kind in your admonisions.
Gratefully
Fangio
 
wait.... the 2e isn't that the boxy looking one.
 
I think he means the 2D, which looks somewhat like a Ford GT. The Boxy one is the 2J, which looks like a fridgerator with rockets at the back.
 
oooooh... i stand corrected
 
the 2j had a big wing on top?
or is it that smooth lookin sexy beast?
either way, this si gonna be really cool if anyone here got one *cough*I cant afford one ever*cough*
 
the 2j had a big wing on top?
or is it that smooth lookin sexy beast?
either way, this si gonna be really cool if anyone here got one *cough*I cant afford one ever*cough*

the 2j is the fridge looking thingy
 
I think he's talking about the real life cars here guys.... cuz reproducing old race cars is something thats gaining popularity and not to mention that you can't buy either the 2J or the 2D for $400,000 anyway.

future04speed_c485x330.jpg


Thats the 2E... pretty cool.
 
i have a quistion for in the game is the chaparal 2j a good car for endurance events like speedway 150 miles??
 
I think he's talking about the real life cars here guys.... cuz reproducing old race cars is something thats gaining popularity and not to mention that you can't buy either the 2J or the 2D for $400,000 anyway.

future04speed_c485x330.jpg


Thats the 2E... pretty cool.

Greetings Sir Firebal,
You are indeed correct! A most perceptive observation! The 2E set the standard for aero aids and dynamics in not only Can Am but F1 as well. It is interesting to note that the wing angle of the 2E was set by a 2 position lever in the cockpit, and was also directed by the brake pedal to avoid lift during deceleration.
Mr Hall set the racing world on it's collective arse when after the 2E was banned he showed up with his vacumn cleaner car that utilized fans to "suck " the car to the track surface.
Unfortunately such genius has been suplanted by on board tylemetry, GPS read outs and the like, leaving very little for the driver and crew chief to do but strap ones self in and point it in the right direction!
Ye Olde Skool Racer
Fangio
 
oooh.... i stand corrected again.. i hate getting them confused like that but the 2e looks friggin cool
 
I think he means the 2D, which looks somewhat like a Ford GT. The Boxy one is the 2J, which looks like a fridgerator with rockets at the back.

Those are snowmobile motors. I think Jim Hall is the most innovative designer of all time.
 
Lord Overseer, I am sure that this should be posted elsewhere, so in your all seeing benevolence, be of kindness and move gently, this grey beards post. And be thine kind in your admonisions.
Gratefully
Fangio

Fangio

How could I admonish a post so colourfully phrased, it does however need a quick move. I think the 'Cars in General' forum would be a welcome home, a location that I hope will allow it to find many more admirers.

Regards

Scaff
 
Fangio, thou will now knoweth a cooleth new tip.

See whereth it says "Thread Tools"? Clicketh on that, then clicketh on "Move Thread". Then chooseth which sub-forum you want the threadeth to be moved.

Took me years to typeth this. :indiff:
 
Were these originally powered by Ford or Chevy engines? And, is the continuation series going to have a classic power plant or an updated one?

The Chaparrals, from what I've seen (photographs, mostly) ran Chevys. I'll take mine, less the wing, With headlights, and a V.I.N. And a roaring Chevy 427 on ITBs.

Z06? What Z06?
 
Lola have been doing the same with 'new' T70 MkIII's and i believe Chevron are about to do similar with B8's and B16's. 👍
 
Lookie What I just found!

 
Greetings All Ye Of High Speed,
I am heartened by the interest in the days of yore! Squire Jim your video is a treasure! I was indeed fortunate to witness the Can Am series. To see this and other thundering beasties at Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Mosport and the like, piloted by the greats, Revson, McLaren, Hall, Foyt and others is the stuff of legends. What Is so fascinating, is that all inovations were mechanical, not electronic.
To this day there is no series that has eclipsed the excitement, the raw speed, and the courage that these greats possesed.
'Twas the time of great beasties, and of even greater men! It was an honor to be there.
Good Lord Overseer, your wisdom in relocating said post was indeed well considered, and your gentleness to these auld bones, is much appreciated. I indeed look forward to misplacing my posts.
As Always,
I Remain,
Living In The Past
Fangio

Fangio, thou will now knoweth a cooleth new tip.

See whereth it says "Thread Tools"? Clicketh on that, then clicketh on "Move Thread". Then chooseth which sub-forum you want the threadeth to be moved.

Took me years to typeth this. :indiff:

Good Squire TuneRVisioN,
Thoust consideration, for your humble servants butchery of the King's English, hath given me great joy. 'Tis difficult enough to speaketh said English, let alone typeth with any viscistude or accumen. Tine Humble Servant is most grateful for your kind actions.
I must don my armor now, for I have an egagement with a windmill on the field of honour!
Your Grateful Servant
Fangio
 
I just saw this in my car and driver mag that showed up today. :) Pretty cool car id buy one if i had the money.
 
Back