Chaparral 2J

  • Thread starter Thread starter Casper06
  • 23 comments
  • 2,051 views
Messages
48
It came up in my UCD for 14.5 million roughly, is it worth the coin? It is ugly as sin but rare correct?
 
i dont see any advantage of buying it mate, waste of money and no one races them online and also if your looking to complete the aspec historic use the jaguar xj13 or the toyota 7 and toyota 7 for b spec..

plus hard to make that coin back up...
 
Fast through the bends though. Those fan cars are quite a breeze. :sly:
 
I'm not sure what to do if I buy it all my credits will be gone. I don't auto grind so it was earned the hard way... Maybe I'll let this one pass then. Fan cars are a breeze! :sly:
 
Don't see the appeal of this motor to be honest. Spend elsewhere IMO.
 
Fastest car in the 650PP range IMO by quite a way, also fun to beat people in what looks like a fridge on wheels. :)
 
No rare cars in GT5. Ignore statistics on other websites - they just tell you how many people can be bothered to own one.

It's quite good fun to drive, shame about the novelty pricing.
 
Mine's done 85xxkm at indy grinding away, Bob style. 👍

But I got mine in a trade before the cap came. It ain't worth that much coin 👎
 
All of those historic race cars are a waste of credits when they can just be obtained from a birthday ticket.
 
Amazing car, get it if you want.

I bought it and I'm pleased, amazing car - X2010 of the 1970.
X1970
 
DO IT! it is one of the best looking cars in the game. It is so ugly that it is pretty! I love it !
 
i dont see any advantage of buying it mate, waste of money and no one races them online and also if your looking to complete the aspec historic use the jaguar xj13 or the toyota 7 and toyota 7 for b spec..

plus hard to make that coin back up...

I'm agree.
 
It came up in my UCD for 14.5 million roughly, is it worth the coin? It is ugly as sin but rare correct?

If you can afford it then purchase it because you'll regret not purchasing it once it's no longer available in the UCD. Drive the wheels off that thing in A-Spec as well as B-Spec to recoup the money spent on purchasing that thing 👍
 
If you can afford it then purchase it because you'll regret not purchasing it once it's no longer available in the UCD. Drive the wheels off that thing in A-Spec as well as B-Spec to recoup the money spent on purchasing that thing 👍

Quoted for truth.
As I've said - it's an amazing car, well worth the money.
 
It's very fast and handles well. It's also very rare too. I'd buy it. 👍
 
I got one in trades and i love it to pieces. I was racing online in a 640pp race around fuji and i was about 8 seconds a lap quicker than anyone else. Just takes a while getting used to only 3 gears and how useless the little suggested gear thing actually is :p
 
I bought this for 15.2m, I don't regret it, I earned the money the "hard" way, and it was one of the classic race cars which I want to collect the lot of them. If your wanting it in your collection, get it, it doesn't turn up too often, and if it comes up again, you may not have the money, guess you just have to ask yourself: "Is there anything else thats really expensive which you see yourself buying in the near future". If not, get it whet you can.

Oh and there is now a cap on the birthday gift, you can't recieve these expensive cars anymore from them, I've tried and tried and tried, it doesn't work anymore!! Guess I got to the game late on that one :)
 
Last edited:
I bought this for 15.2m, I don't regret it, I earned the money the "hard" way, and it was one of the classic race cars which I want to collect the lot of them. If your wanting it in your collection, get it, it doesn't turn up too often, and if it comes up again, you may not have the money, guess you just have to ask yourself: "Is there anything else thats really expensive which you see yourself buying in the near future". If not, get it whet you can.

True statement, the only cars left to purchase after this are the LM cars but those are a dime a dozen.
 
Well I did break down and purchase the car and have to say it handles really well. Re-ran the Historic Race's and it was definitely fun. Still not sure if it was worth all that money but I guess as long as you have fun that's all that matters. :cheers:
 
Good for you!

I'm having similar thoughts about the C9 is the OCD but I don't wanna shell out 5 mil. I guess I could always b-day glitch it.
 
It came up in my UCD for 14.5 million roughly, is it worth the coin? It is ugly as sin but rare correct?

If you want to win all of the B-Spec races, you may need that car. Some players' Bobs are able to win the Historic race at Monaco in a Toyota 7 or perhaps one or two other cars, but for some players Bob is incapable no matter what method you employ, and can only win in the 2J.
 
I've been pretty much done with the B-Spec races since the PSN outage. I won the Historic series with the Toyota 7 but it took a few tries. Now that I'm able to enter most of the endurance races I just take my new Bob's and throw them in a couple of those to raise their lvl to above 30 quickly. Any Bob below 30 requires baby sitting. :dunce:
 
Back