Charger drag tune

• Thread starter Lenny121
  • 24 comments
I don't have the car, tell me the lowest maximum speed, lowest the final gear goes, and the HP and weight of the car.
lowest speed 99, lowest final 2.500, 842 hp before overhaul, weight 1,326

Last edited:
lowest speed 99, lowest final 2.500, 842 hp for overhaul, weight 1,326
Check out my thread but 4.000 flip is generally a good starting flip. Look at trying to teach yourself before asking.
I'm new to the gt scene. i looked at ur thread and it explained it better then others.just having trouble knowing wear to start with the flip

I'm new to the gt scene. i looked at ur thread and it explained it better then others.just having trouble knowing wear to start with the flip
If you look at the max speed where your driver is stood next to car in garage it will say @X,XXX which is pretty close to the shiftpoint, in muscle it's usually 5,500. Then look at the redline I think that's about 6,500-7,000. From that you can see that it needs longer gear, hence a longer flip.

If you look at the max speed where your driver is stood next to car in garage it will say @X,XXX which is pretty close to the shiftpoint, in muscle it's usually 5,500. Then look at the redline I think that's about 6,500-7,000. From that you can see that it needs longer gear, hence a longer flip.
i give it a try i feel this a trial and error process. hopefully i get the hang

Use this, lowest top speed divided by lowest final gear then multiply that answer by your flip point. It will get you within 10 mph of your top out speed, so ask what people are trapping then flip higher if need be to stay in powerband

Use this, lowest top speed divided by lowest final gear then multiply that answer by your flip point. It will get you within 10 mph of your top out speed, so ask what people are trapping then flip higher if need be to stay in powerband
99 divided by 2000. Are you sure?

Top Speed Equation
To everyone that already has prior knowledge to this method of tuning, here is a nice nugget of information to have at your disposal. If you're flipping your transmission using the lowest top speed, use this formula:

(Lowest Top Speed of Car/Lowest Final Ratio) x Final Ratio Transmission was flipped at = GT5 Top Speed

Camaro as example: 112 divided by 2.5 = 44.8 x 3.5(flipped ratio) = 156. Subtract 15-20mph, as per GT5 logic for top speed, and you have your established top speed when flipped. I ran 141-142 mph using that flip at SSRX. If anyone finds a flaw in this method, please let me know and I'll modify or remove it.

99 divided by 2000. Are you sure?
He is correct. Quote is from the Transmission tuning guide.

99 (Lowest top speed number) divided by 2.500 (lowest final gear number)

99 divided by 2.500 = 39.6

39.6 x 4.500 (Flip number) = 178.2mph

Chargers needed a flip and top speed this high in GT5.

If it doesn't top out in 5th with this flip. flip lower by .10 each time until it does.

Tune the launch gear for 1st rideout or 1-2 quick shift and if you can tune the 1st gear or 1-2 gear to bog to just around 5,500 rpm. SHift around here or a little higher.

EDIT: in GT5 to get 178mph tune had to flip higher than 4.500. Now the cars have more bhp than GT5. So its a matter of testing of the GT5 tune works. Can you confirm this neck-it?

Last edited:
99 (Lowest top speed number) divided by 2.500 (lowest final gear number)

99 divided by 2.500 = 39.6

39.6 x 4.500 (Flip number) = 178.2mph

Chargers needed a flip and top speed this high in GT5.

If it doesn't top out in 5th with this flip. flip lower by .10 each time until it does.

Tune the launch gear for 1st rideout or 1-2 quick shift and if you can tune the 1st gear or 1-2 gear to bog to just around 5,500 rpm. SHift around here or a little higher.

EDIT: in GT5 to get 178mph tune had to flip higher than 4.500. Now the cars have more bhp than GT5. So its a matter of testing of the GT5 tune works. Can you confirm this neck-it?

I've never bothered with the mathematical equations involved in a trans.
But there is no chance the Charger is a first gear ride out now.
I imagine most people are flipping at the 4.300 - 4.500 and doing a 1-3 shift.

Not how I've set mine up, but it's a very solid starting point.

Last edited:
My tunes are 1-2 or 1-3 currently. To anyone tuning the charger You might need to flip higher than 4.820 for the charger. The revs need to be around 5.9-6.2 in 2nd gear.

Last edited:
Back