Charity Race Weekend

• Thread starter cpm29
  • 0 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Let me introduce myself... I am Chris, and I am a web developer from the UK. I want to do something different for charity. My Dad passed away a few years ago, and I would like to raise money for epilepsy research in his memory. I have done all the usual stuff like charity runs etc. but I think it is time to take it to the next level.

My idea is (not sure if it has been done before) is to have a number of race events happening over a weekend. So for example, a main event of a 24 hour race, then smaller tournaments that fit into certain categories, such as historic etc. Then have these streaming over twitch, with dedicated commentators for each race. So players can create teams and compete in these events, and then we can have people commentating so the watchers are getting a real feeling of watching sports on TV in a gaming world!

It is still early days and there is a lot I would need help with. I am a website developer for a living, so I would create a site which would be the centre of the project. I would then need help with other aspects of the project. Technical guys, commentators, drivers, organisers, admin etc. And I was hoping this would be where you guys come in. If I could get a team together to work on making this a reality then this could really happen! We could add more charities etc. If you would be interested in getting involved, please get in touch and we can all work together on this. Wasn't sure where to post this, I hope it is okay to post it here. If anyone has any tips on getting this started, then I would love to hear from you.

Many thanks for reading this, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Back