Charlie Whiting has Died aged 66Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 27 comments
Wow. That's...a horrible way to start the season indeed. I imagine we'll get something this weekend as a tribute, or at least I'd hope.

RIP Charlie, so sorry for both his families. His Paternal and F1 family. Will be massively missed.

To further comment, I really liked his explanations in the driver breifings I hope liberty release all of the ones that happened last year that they didn't show, a very calm down to earth person even with the power he had he listened to everyone.

What a huge shock that is. Ever present in my time watching F1 and such a nice guy with the very best interests of the sport and drivers at heart. It's a huge loss for F1 and they have a big hole to fill.

Oh my I didn’t expect this. RIP Charlie and thank you for everything. He will be dearly missed.

Motorsport as a whole wouldn’t be the same without Charlie whiting. He really was a force to be reckoned with in regards to safety and procedure.

What a terrible way for someone like such to go as well! Poor guy!

He’ll be massively missed

To say this was sudden is a great understatement.

RIP Charlie. All condolences go out to his family and friends.

Wow. That's...a horrible way to start the season indeed. I imagine we'll get something this weekend as a tribute, or at least I'd hope.

I suspect there’ll be a minute silence before the race begins as a mark of respect.

oT05OmO.jpg

The Haas for this weekend features a tribute.

That's a great tribute to Charlie Whiting from Ross Brawn. Both were mechanics in the same era and F1 needs more people like that moving up through the ranks to maintain the DNA of the sport, when the money men are always trying to "improve" it. Whiting cared about driver safety and fair racing. Finding someone who has those same characteristics today will be extremely difficult.

Saw the terrible news in the morning, RIP. His name was one with F1 as far I'm concerned, more than Ecclestone for me (following (more or less) F1 since the first Hungarian GP in 1986).

That a very bad start for this season indeed.
Could it be related to the long plane traveling to reach Australia? Embolism is a known problem after long trips by air.

I just got home and this is the first thing I hear about. Wow, wasn't expecting that at all. RIP.

Going to miss Charlie a lot. What a 🤬 start to the year! :(

He was responsible for so much, I wonder who's going to fill his shoes at such short notice?
Edit: Nevermind. Just seen who.

A nice tribute by the man who ran the Fake Charlie Whiting twitter account, a source of great entertainment and laughter over the years. I didn’t realize, but the two men actually new each other, and had met several times.

Back