Chaser V (R) vs. Chaser LM

• Thread starter kjb
  • 8 comments

kjb

United States
Cary, NC
mrbabyboyd
Yesterday I was playing GT1 and I won the Chaser LM. I remembered it being slow and little bit twitchy. Anyway I played with the settings until I was stisfied with it. So I decided to buy a Chaser V and fully modded it to see how it compares to the LM edition. Surprisingly the Chaser V gets more horsepower and it weighs less in race trim. It did about 18.3 on the 0 -1000 m. I neglected to test the LM but the Chaser V feels slower. Maybe I need to play around with it some more I'm not sure. My question is which is the better car? A regular modded Chaser V or the Chaser LM? I probably do some more testing tonight but want to hear what you guys think:)

Sounds like the Chaser V is the better car, don't it? This is like the Viper in GT1 sort of: the prize car has more power than a fully maxed dealer GTS, but weighs 500 pounds more, so the GTS is actually easier to drive.

I never drove any Chasers in GT1, but I tried them in GT2 (both the TRD Sports model and dealer-bought Tourer V). The TRD gets alot more power than the V, so we can't try the same experiment in the second game, but in the first one 2 major criteria are better in the V (weight and power) which oddly makes the LM a lesser car.

Last edited:
The LM car is lots of fun, I love that car and you can win plenty of races with it once tuned right, Give it a little time and tweak it good, You'll be real happy with the outcome.

Well last night I tested both of them. First I did the 0 - 1000m.
Chaser V - ~ 17.6 sec
Chaser LM - ~18.6 sec
Next I did a time trial on the High Speed Ring. The night before with the Chaser LM got about 1.50 total with a best lap of 50.6 sec. So I took out (no tuning other than gear ratios)the Chaser V I got 1.48 total and 50.4 sec best lap. I took out the Chaser LM got 1.47 total and 50.3 sec. I took out the Chaser V again but this time I tuned a little bit and I got 1.46 total and 49.4 sec best lap. So as of right now to me it looks like the Chaser V is the better the car. If anyone has some settings for the Chaser LM to can close the gap I would greatly appreciate them

How do these cars relate, if at all, to the Toyota 2.5 Tourer V'92 Mark II used model? I found that one a reasonable performer, for a not-very-sporty base.

How do these cars relate, if at all, to the Toyota 2.5 Tourer V'92 Mark II used model? I found that one a reasonable performer, for a not-very-sporty base.
The Tourer V' 92 Mark II is essentially the same except in stock form it is about a hundred kg lighter than the Chaser V. I think the hp on both them is the same in the stock form. I haven't had too much experience with the Mark II.

Well I used the Chaser V settings on the Chaser LM. Going back to the High Speed Ring I was able to knock about .5 off my overall time but it was still about 2 seconds off of the Chaser V 's time.

Back