Chat on GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter f_399
  • 12 comments
  • 1,169 views
Messages
540
When in online mode, sometimes when I type and enter, it just comes out as asterisks (*********)

Anyone experience this?
 
When in online mode, sometimes when I type and enter, it just comes out as asterisks (*********)

Anyone experience this?

That is because you are typing offensive words so they get censored.
 
but they werent lol

i was discussing gearing setups and what not
 
maybe mentioning lsd? did they think it was the drug? lol
 
The censor is really weird. It censors the word Engine for some reason and any numbers more than 4 or 5 digits long.
 
Tsukuba is also censored. I don't understand...

I finally just got a headset so I can just say whatever I want lol. Typing was getting annoying.
 
I noticed that typing "connect" comes out as "*****ct." Wondered about that.
 
Conne is the french for being an arse. A*shole.
 
Ah ... there we go. I thought it could be some kind of slang in another language. but even within a larger word? Seems like the filter is a bit too sensitive. But, it's also likely very hard to create a reliable filter for multiple languages using the same character set.

And, to be specific here ... this is a PS3 issue, not a GT5 issue. It happens on the standard PS3 chat as well.
 
It even **** some swiss german words but no offensive ones. It's very weird and you could think they spent more time censoring languages than doing useful changes to the game :indiff:
 
Back