Chateau Impney Hill Climb gathering 14th July 2019.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
England
Zolon32
Greetings folks. Inspired by the excellent experience of getting together with some people I'd only seen as icons on a screen (Not James Dean and Marilyn Monroe) when we met up at Brands Hatch last year, I'm putting the idea of getting together at the Chateau Impney Hill Climb out there. To be honest, I'm off there anyway, but it does seem to offer an opportunity for a pleasant social event.

Here's a link

https://www.chateauimpneyhillclimb.com/

@buybon355 @IfAndOr @JockeP22 @richroo @Sick Cylinder @Famine @Venari @AndreasR @Sutsagrd @Sparkz_360 @hobbsy @numbnuts70 (This might not be a million miles away from you fella) @lunchbox147 @Team_SWE_1 @jammy21 (You never know...) @dranddad (Long time no see Phil, I will work on the Mrs to try and join your fun on a Thursday) @daan

I realise that some of you fellas are not on our ever-more-isolated island, but I thought I'd keep you in the loop in case you were thinking of making one last visit before we cast off into the Atlantic. (Funny how the leave people have been playing down the idea of very close ties with the USA for the past year or so. I wonder why that is...)

If there's anyone I've missed, I apologise, it's a total lack of brain whot does it.

I've ordered good weather, by the way, so everything should be fine on that front.

Cheers, Zo.

Hi Zo.

As it's only 17.5 miles from me, we may well attend. We did Silverstone one year and had a fantastic time, mobility access was some of the best I've experienced to date. I'll get in touch with the event organisers and see if my scooter is permitted.

Never know they may even allow me to run a hill climb. :lol:

Book marked be back in touch.

Phillip.

Thanks for the invite @Zolon32 - it's tempting, but probably too far for me to travel. I'll post the link into my Project Cars 2 threads as some of the guys I race with may be interested and live in the Midlands.

Below - for anyone thinking of going, this video gives some information on the history of the event - it originally ran in the 1950's and '60's and was revived a few years ago.

@Zolon32 - Since it's quite a distance for yourself are going for the weekend?

Looks interesting and it's relatively close to me at about 45 miles away. However at the moment my car's off the road with no MOT, tax or insurance. It's great not to have the expense but a bind when you could do with one.

So according to Mr Google it's around 4 hours 45 minutes on my bicycle (if I didn't stop and there's no hills) or £50.10 on the train (with a change somewhere). I've yet to price up a car rental, it might be a better alternative.

Anyway I'll have to see how expenses go over the next few months and have a think about it. The cat might need some dental work so that ain't going to be cheap!

I'll keep my eye on the thread. 👍

Thanks, you never know I might some of these days come to visit in Kindom :)

Zo
Thanks for the invite. Sounds fantastic but we’ll just be back from a week away and I fear family and work commitments will mean I can’t get there.
I’ll follow this thread and see what I can do.
:cheers:

However at the moment my car's off the road with no MOT, tax or insurance.
That's what you get for going for the PS4 Pro over the standard one. You hard core sim racers do make some sacrifices!

I'll post the link into my Project Cars 2 threads as some of the guys I race with may be interested and live in the Midlands.
Thanks Sick. I'll be taking the T shirt along, so you'll be there in spirit if not in body.

Never know they may even allow me to run a hill climb. :lol:
Not if they know how quick you are Phil, there could be an upset :)

I've thought about going to this before
Get in now Daan, while it still see itself as the poor man's FoS. Tickets will be seventy quid before you know it.

Keep reminding me. Yes.
Just a little reminder ;)

would like to make it ...
You won't regret it Rich (No guarantees, mind).

Thanks, you never know I might some of these days come to visit in Kindom :)
Funny how we're a Kingdom, but we've had a Queen for decades. Some equality eh?

Sounds fantastic but we’ll just be back from a week away
You never know Suts, it might be so belting that we do it again in 2020, and with that much notice we could get millions there (exaggeration alert).

That's what you get for going for the PS4 Pro over the standard one
I'm thinking of adding some wheels and using it as a skateboard to get to Chateau Impney. Its fan will blow me along. Not sure about the power cable though.

We have booked accommodation for this. We're going to use it as part of a longer break but I'm sure the Mrs will find something else to do on the 14th.

I've still to book time off work though...

Back