Cheap eficient G-force simulation.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 6 comments
Brazil
paracuru
praiano63
I've never tested motion simulators cockpit but in my opinion , they are extremely expensive comparing to the poor useable feedback they are giving.
Like some others racing game fans , i'm thinking a lot about what would be the cheapest eficient solution that could really help the driver to translate the G-force .

I had an idea a few weeks ago that in my opinion could be a cheap and very rich talking about quantity and quality of sensitive G=force feedback.
My idea consist in a simple belt around the belly.
All around this belt , are placed 8 pairs of small flat magnets every 45°.
Each pair of magnet is formed by 1 electrified flat magnet and another free flat one that would be repulsed against the belly , putting pressure on the body when the electrified one would recieve a signal coming from the physic engine.
A simple 2D G-force feedback signal could be used to spread across the 8 magnets a corresponding signal , showing around the belly of the driver where the G-force come from in direction and intensity.
jelektromagnit-dlya-nomera-80h10-jpg.jpg

I know my explanation is a bit foggy , but i hope it is understandable. In my opinion this could be a really good way to have a cheap and eficient G-force feedback .

they are extremely expensive comparing to the poor useable feedback they are giving.
Big statement if you have never tested one.
I paid on $2500 for a full motion rig once playing around with settings its great

they are extremely expensive comparing to the poor useable feedback they are giving.
Big statement if you have never tested one.
I paid on $2500 for a full motion rig once playing around with settings its great
Does a 2500$ motion rig make you faster ? Or at least with a better feelinhg of the car ?
This is a lot of money for a third world citizen like me. I don't have the money to buy a new ps4 if the one i have broke.
I'm talking about a device that in my opinion must reach around $100 max price.

Does a 2500$ motion rig make you faster ? Or at least with a better feelinhg of the car ?
This is a lot of money for a third world citizen like me. I don't have the money to buy a new ps4 if the one i have broke.
I'm talking about a device that in my opinion must reach around $100 max price.
Probably does nothing to improve your performance .people can race with a xbox controller and flog a person with a wheel.the option for sim racing is endless.
You're point was you've never used a motion simulator but yet you criticize them when you're in absolutely no position to make any judgment.

Probably does nothing to improve your performance .people can race with a xbox controller and flog a person with a wheel.the option for sim racing is endless.
You're point was you've never used a motion simulator but yet you criticize them when you're in absolutely no position to make any judgment.
Ok . No judgment , but what do you think about my idea of a cheap and perhaps eficient ffb. This is the main reason of my post.

Ok . No judgment , but what do you think about my idea of a cheap and perhaps eficient ffb. This is the main reason of my post.
I love it no risk of that brother, i have a friend that makes things for his racing riggs from junk piles and the turn out awesome

I actually recall someone making a haptic vest for shooting games a while back the concept was interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea if feeling a pressure in one place in my belly would add to immersion or reduce it.

There is precedent for your idea though. You can buy race seat inserts which squeeze one side of your torso and shoulders as you corner to create the feeling of being pushed over to that side of the seat. I forget the name of them though.

Back