Cheating ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter quadramus
  • 6 comments
  • 953 views
Messages
67
United Kingdom
uk
Messages
Quadramus_
I have just been booted from a race because the scottish guy running the room was accusing me of cheating, i was using a 4.2 audi and so was he and because I pulled 12 seconds lead on him he booted me out so I have a question how exactly does one cheat at this game when you have entered a room and met all the requirements?
on the Nurburgring...
 
Dont bother this joke hosts. If the running your mouth, just join another room, thats it. If you want to take revenge, then that your call :)
 
After he lost the first race he changed to the same car as me and was very vocal he kept saying that he had made no mistakes so he should be with me, I think he has too high an opinion of his driving skills, sometimes online racing SUCKS.
 
If you were not informed of any other parameters, and you met the restrictions of the race, and you were in the exact same car as the other guy... Then I can't imagine.

Unless you bunted or bump-slid him... Maybe by accident? And he thought it was on purpose? That's the only "cheating" I can think of... that maybe you rear-ended him & caused him a penalty or damage or something??

I was in a pub shuffle race with some very fun friendly players. I was in a car that I had trouble w/ the braking, and I rear-ended the car in front of me approaching the hammerhead on the Top Gear Test Track... I bunted him into a penalty, but I didn't get a penalty. I could have gotten way ahead in the race because of that. BUt what I did was just waited & stayed behind the person I hit until their penalty was over, I didn't try to pass them until they were solid again, because I thought that would be impolite. After the race I apologized (I don't have a mic).
The person sent me a friend request after that.
I don't get bent out of shape about people bumping & scraping by accident, particularly in full races on tight tracks. Let's face it, it happens. But if I'm in the position where a blatant error on my part causes another driver an unfair penalty & I get away with it, I don't take advantage of that. When other people do, I wouldn't necessarily call it "cheating" as such... but it's also not right... or at least not fair.

But if there was no such incident in your case... I wouldn't worry.
If there was such an incident... most hosts will tell you after the race exactly what they thought was crappy behaviour. And most will boot you only if you do it again.
I've been in races where one person gets told off, but then they straighten up their act, and play continues and the peace is restored, and there's no further incidents.
Sometimes people are just sloppy, & need to be reminded to take some care. But sometimes people are deliberately disruptive, and I bet some hosts just find it easier to just assume it's deliberate & boot at the 1st sign of trouble.

But it could be the host was just a pride-sore joker.
Don't take it personally, whatever.

Just makes the point I mentioned on this thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5347155#post5347155

There's tons of reasons some hosts give people the boot - that you might not think of!
Some hosts boot people who they think are not good enough, and some hosts boot people who they think are winning too much.
If they are the host, they get to decide. Even if it seems dumb & pointless to the rest of us. haha. You just don't take it personally, and move on.
 
If your car was legal to go to the track then you can cross that one off :D

Here's an example of something that happened to me last night; I joined a random lobby with a 1200kg/404bhp limitation. I thought I'd give my #88 Diablo a run out - I love that car!

We swapped track for each race and after a couple we got to Daytona Road Course. One other guy in the lobby was matching me tenth-for-tenth and we soon pulled out a lead on the pack.

Another lobby member was whinging about people cutting the chicanes - soon I saw him parked there only to pull away and move to park at another corner when I (and the P2 driver) passed. I race with the full map on when I'm in random lobbies :D

He stopped his whinging - but this leads me to what I think happened to you. You were fast and, quite literally, out of sight. Maybe he couldn't get his head around your speed and presumed you were cutting?
 
Thanks for the responses, you all make valid points as I started 1st and went out in front I just raced..... oh well I need to learn to take things with a pinch of salt thanks for your input.
 
TenEightyOne makes a good point about corner cutting. I know lots of people feel VERY STRONGLY about cutting the chicane corners on Monza, for example. And he makes a good point that some people, smarting at your win, may have just assumed you did something like that.

I just try to go by...
I don't hit people on purpose, ever.
If I do by accident, I try not to take advantage of it.
I try not to deliberately cut corners (like on Monza).
If I do anything like this by accident, I apologize immediately after the race to the person it effected.
And if people are still unhappy with me, I figure then it's their problem.
 
Back