Checking water/engine temperaturesPS4 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 4 comments
Italy
Italy
karsten_beoulve
Just wondering how you can tell if you're overheating...

I had some races where my cars looked like had "less hps" by race end, and once in a practice run on Nordschleife my Aston GT4 blowed up its engine! O_o

I can't see where is the engine/oil infos and how to tell if i'm risking something or not.

Thanks.

I think it is only on the Motec display which of course is only visible in cockpit view and not on all cars. Also it is on the steering wheel on some cars so if you have the wheel hidden it is not available.

IMO this really needs to be changed. Would be nice to have the motec display as part of the global hud options so that it can be viewed when in bumper/hood/chase views or at the very least we should have a way of seeing these vitals when in any view. All cars have at least an idiot light to warn you when you are overheating.

What is an overheating water/oil temp for a race car?

100c [212f] is a pretty good rule of thumb but it varies from car to car. For the most part it should be safe at around 100c and still produce good performance. Some cars may like to run a little cooler and some a little warmer but somewhere near there. I think my fan system kicks in at about 101-102c [215f] and I think my thermostat is calling for 195 so the car wants to run between 195-215f

Back