Chevrolet Camaro (5th Generation) SaReNi GT3 Reiter Engineering 2015

• Thread starter JR98
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
timthumb.php

Reiter Engineering are well known for their Lamborghini race cars (Notably the Diablo GT, Gallardo GT3 and Murcielago R-GT) but recently they teamed up with SaReNi to produce the Camaro GT3. Powered by a Katech tuned Chevrolet 7.9 V8 mated to a Hollinger 6 speed manual the car produces 650HP and 590 FT-LBS of torque, however the engine is detuned down to 500HP in racing spec.

The car also features a more aerodynamic front bumper and carbon splitter (and canards), blacked out wheels and a huge GT racing wing. The Camaro GT3 costs $250,000, making it one of the cheapest modern GT3 cars. The Camaro GT3 currently campaigns in various GT3 racing series including the ADAC GT Masters and the Blancpain GT Series.

Specifications:
Body: 2 Door Coupe
Engine: GM Katech 7.9 V8
Power: 650HP (500HP in Race Spec)
Torque: 590 FT-LBS
Weight: 1290 KG
Drive: Mid Engine Rear Drive
Transmission: Hollinger 6 Speed Manual Sequential

166294.jpg
166295.jpg
166293.jpg

Last edited:
...7.9 liters??? Wow. Why so big?

Are GM still banging on about "No replacement for Displacement" crap?

...7.9 liters??? Wow. Why so big?

Are GM still banging on about "No replacement for Displacement" crap?
Well, I did some more research on the engine and while it's a GM engine, it's tuned by Katech. I haven't been able to find out which engine it is exactly but my guess is that it's a tuned version of the LS7 (Used in the Corvette C6 Z06 and 5th Gen Camaro Z/28)

Also have you seen the interior of the Camero Ss? In GT6 or 5 it looks like a GT3 car interior it's just missing that wing and the fact that it is mid engined for some reason.

Back