Chevrolet Camaro (5th Gen) COPO 2015

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 16 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage suggest the Chevrolet COPO Camaro 2015, the car that was presented at the SEMA Show. It's the 4th factory official edition race car and again following the tradition only 69 units would be built. The COPOs will be powered by a 350 “LSX” V8 with a 2.9L Whipple supercharger which should be good for 555 hp.

One of those already ordered for the my garage ... I wish it was.
But if the comes to GT7 I would be also satisfied.

2ew2q20.jpg

The new COPO Camaro race cars will enter the 2015 racing season building on the momentum of COPO Camaro racer Bruno Massel’s historic win at last summer’s Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals, in Indianapolis. It was the first NHRA national event victory for a fifth-generation COPO Camaro and topped a roster of seven additional class wins by drivers in COPO Camaros or COPO-powered race cars.

In all, about three dozen COPO Camaros and COPO-powered race cars vied for wins at the U.S. Nationals, making it the largest assembly of COPOs to date.

“The COPO Camaro allows sportsman racers to compete directly in NHRA Stock Eliminator and Super Stock classes,” said Jim Campbell, GM U.S. vice president of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports. “Every win advances the COPO racing legacy established 45 years ago and reinforces Chevrolet’s position today as America’s leading performance car brand.”

Each COPO Camaro race car is built by hand starting with production hardware, including the same body in white used for production models.

The production race cars are fitted with an NHRA-approved roll cage and other safety equipment, along with racing chassis and suspension components – including a unique solid rear axle system in place of a regular-production Camaro’s independent rear axle.
Customers can select from a variety of supercharged and naturally aspirated LS-family engines based on their intended NHRA Stock and Super Stock classes, including 350, 396 and 427 naturally aspirated engines and a supercharged 350.

Racers interested in purchasing one of the 69 2015 COPO Camaro race cars must register at www.chevrolet.com/performance/copo-camaro. An independent third-party will randomly select purchasers from the pool of interested customers.
COPO crate engines and parts

Chevrolet Performance offers COPO crate racing engines and many of the specialty parts used in the production race cars, enabling racers to construct their own race cars using the proven, factory-engineered components of the genuine COPO Camaros. Six crate engines are offered:

COPO 427 naturally aspirated
COPO 396 naturally aspirated
COPO 350 supercharged (2.9L SC)
COPO 350 naturally aspirated

The range of additional COPO Camaro service parts includes everything from factory-engineered injector harnesses and alternator mounting kits to the body in white that Chevrolet uses to build the official COPO Camaro race cars.

Source: Chevrolet press

2utou9l.jpg

ehhj7o.jpg

2uy4s2x.jpg

20k4t1f.jpg

THE OTHER CHEVROLET IS HERE

Last edited:
Some more info about the engines...

2015-05-04_183142.jpg

350 Naturally Aspirated.....
350 HP/8000rpm
396 Naturally Aspirated.....390 HP/8000rpm
427 Naturally Aspirated.....430 HP/8000rpm
350 Supercharged..............530 HP/8000rpm

The engine bay with the 350 Supercharhed engine

2015-Chevorlet-Copo-the-Camaro-That-Was-Bred-to-Drag-3.jpg

So is this like a drag car or a proper race car? More I look at it more I think it's a drag car.

So is this like a drag car or a proper race car? More I look at it more I think it's a drag car.
Hints to the former here:
U.S. Nationals
NHRA Stock Eliminator and Super Stock
NHRA-approved
solid rear axle
NHRA national
Here:
And here:

hsv
GT2 had the HKS 180SX, and the R33. I mean, we have rally cars without any proper rally stages, we have amphibious cars without anywhere to try them. Just PD.
Don't forget Pikes Peak cars with no Pikes Peak. Guess so.

Back