Chevrolet Corvette (C3) C3/C6 hybrid by Hardcore Engine Builders 2016

Chile
Chile
cristobal458
AhWY65c.png
Hardcore Engine Builders Corvette C3/C6 hybrid '16
90p97rc.png

C3-Hardcore-Engine-Builders.jpg

Here’s a restomod you won’t soon forget created by Hardcore Engine Builders from Hungary. The brothers wrapped up the C3/C6 Hybrid in 2017, but the car has finally reached its homeland of the United States, and it’s causing some waves online. If you haven’t seen it yet, you’re going to love it.

As was first reported by Corvette Blogger, it’s quite the challenge to take something old and combine it with something new, but this build is a prime example of doing something unique and making it work. It’s a testament to their ingenuity and vision, which is worth discussing.

Once they completed a tear-down of their donor vehicles, Hardcore Engine Builders went to work to assemble a monster with the best parts they could find. A 6.2L LS3 V8, 6-speed automatic transaxle, and components from the steering of a C6 were fitted onto a custom frame. It’s also upgraded with a stainless-steel exhaust system, C6 Z06 brakes, long tube headers, contemporary electronics, and a keyless entry system.

The classic C3 body was carefully installed over this modern marvel, which was then covered with Nardo Gray and a beautiful light blue. The results speak for themselves.

All of the chrome pieces, including the C3-style bumpers, are blacked out. They also fitted the car with quad halo headlights that stand out through the blacked-out lower grille. It’s hard to put into words, but this car is unique, and we’re happy that it’s been brought back to the states a few years after completion.

To top it all off, they included a set of black multi-spoke wheels similar to the ones you’ll find on the original Challenger Hellcats off the assembly line in Canada. Simply put, the brothers have created one of the better-looking C3s we’ve seen, and it must stand out like an American tourist with a fanny pack on the streets of Eastern Europe.

Text extracted from PowerNation TV (powernationtv.com)

SPECIFICATIONS

OVERVIEW

• Manufacturer: Hardcore Engine Builders
• Year: 2016
• Type: Tuned car
• Tags: #Professionally Tuned

ENGINE
• Engine: Chevrolet LS3 V8
• Power: 430 HP / 5900 rpm
• Torque: 576 Nm / 4600 rpm
• Engine location: Front
• Displacement: 6200 cc
• Aspiration: Naturally aspirated (NA)

PERFORMANCE
• 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) Time: Unknown
• Top Speed: Unknown
• Power-to-weight ratio: --- hp/kg

DRIVETRAIN
• Layout: FR
• Drive: Rear wheel drive
• Body: Corvette C3 fibreglass body
• Chassis: Corvette C6 composite and carbon fibre body panels on aluminium frame
• Gearbox: 6L80 6-speed automatic transmission
• Brakes: C6 Z06 Brakes, ventilated discs, all-round, ABS
• Steering: Corvette C6 steering

DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
• Lenght: --- mm
• Width: --- mm
• Height: --- mm
• Weight: --- kg

23882824_302336002a666beb7796087a86b14d14_xl.jpg

23882822_a8ed518f174c276ec6d4b3a58b8f85f8_xl.jpg

23882846_326abc7eb7d7969a758003d71d669499_xl.jpg

23884710_7756019ecbf0c000a5fcf2822cb3f3be_xl.jpg

23834440_6951e9c639d6262fae02e2ab32a60bdb_xl.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure I really see the point to this suggestion to be honest. Add a widebody to one of the C3's, paint it white in the livery editor, and I'm almost certain there are rims in the game currently that also look very similar to that.

I mean it's not like there's a point to any of the suggestions half a decade after this forum stopped even being used for like farming and slow chatting, so what difference does it make? It's an interesting car, this forum has been irrelevant for years and the OP did a decent job of showing it off; as opposed to nonsense that we'd get in the early days for cars like this like "Volvette Built" or threads posted about cars before they actually existed just because they were announced at some auto show.

Last edited:
I found this car on Reddit, and since that post got a lot of attention, I thought it might fit in here. The car has also been featured by many car news websites. Although I know that some users may find a suggestion like this useless because it's just a C3 Corvette whose engine and chassis have been changed. However, I would call this car a restomod rather than a tuned car.

Last edited:
I like this idea. I might have kept more of the C6 Interior but the blending is awesome. To get a transaxle in a C3 is outstanding weight distribution for a generally speaking Pig of a race car or sport driving. With that added weight the extra stiffness in the central torque tube You can image the suspension and tire selections got a lot more exciting. The transaxle enables a lot more enhancement to the chassis manners. I would have supercharged that LS3 or tried to go with the LS7. I would even consider body panels to my current 2014 C7 if these guys can make them bolt on. My C5 LS1 got the Magnuson and it was a beast. Imagine a C2 or C3 body with a blown All Aluminum V8 and a transaxle in the back. Oh Boy.

Last edited:
Back