Chevrolet Corvette (C8) Stingray 2020

• Thread starter Epic B
  • 9 comments
Canada
On the run
NaveekDarkroom
c8-2-1563490993.jpg

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...d-engine-corvette-stingray-2020-photos-specs/

It's finally here. The C8 Corvette makes the long-awaited switch to a mid-engine layout, with the base Stingray model sporting a 6.2 liter V8 updated from the C7, making 490 horsepower. The only transmission on offer is an eight-speed twin clutch gearbox, making this the first time since the early first gen models that the Corvette has not offered a manual. With the Z51 package, GM claims a 0-60 run in under 3 seconds.

Last edited:
Looks horrible, but still cool enough to be in Gran Turismo. I’m guessing we’ll see it soon, since the C7 was in GT6 since launch and PD was all about the C7 prototypes and stuff.

I don't like the fact that they did do it to an mid engine car. But I still think it deserves to be in GT.
I was ambivalent to the idea of a mid-engine Corvette at first but I'm onboard now. They've said that the C7 was at the limit of what they could do with the engine in the front, and the idea of a mid-engine Corvette has been around for years. And we've had every other Corvette generation represented in some form previously.

Looks horrible, but still cool enough to be in Gran Turismo. I’m guessing we’ll see it soon, since the C7 was in GT6 since launch and PD was all about the C7 prototypes and stuff.
I wouldn't be surprised. We've had every previous Corvette. The C7 even appeared in GT5.

I was ambivalent to the idea of a mid-engine Corvette at first but I'm onboard now. They've said that the C7 was at the limit of what they could do with the engine in the front, and the idea of a mid-engine Corvette has been around for years. And we've had every other Corvette generation represented in some form previously.

I wouldn't be surprised. We've had every previous Corvette. The C7 even appeared in GT5.
Yeah, they had it in mind since the 60s or earlier.. But I still don't like the idea

I feel this suggestion is a given in GTS or GT next. It's a Corvette. It's modern.

Voted.

I WANT THIS CAR IN GRAN TURISMO SPORT IN The 2 OR 3 WEEKS WITH THE CORVETTE C8R and I Vote for the CORVETTES ONLY!

c8-2-1563490993.jpg

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...d-engine-corvette-stingray-2020-photos-specs/

It's finally here. The C8 Corvette makes the long-awaited switch to a mid-engine layout, with the base Stingray model sporting a 6.2 liter V8 updated from the C7, making 490 horsepower. The only transmission on offer is an eight-speed twin clutch gearbox, making this the first time since the early first gen models that the Corvette has not offered a manual. With the Z51 package, GM claims a 0-60 run in under 3 seconds.

Back