Chevrolet Corvetter ZR1 RM @ Le Mans

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amac500
  • 7 comments
  • 797 views
Messages
2,327
United States
United States
Messages
Alex_Mac_
With the ZR1 RM, what is the best time you can turn with no draft at the 2009 La Sarthe circuit? None of that cutting course stuff, if they would penalize you for it in the race don't do it. My ZR1 RM runs 3:30 and below easily. When pushing it can turn 3.27 easily, and I believe that if you are pushing and run it perfectly you can run a 3.26. How can you do?
 
And how much does chassis reinforcement improve your lap times?
 
Try it with no upgrade to the RMed ZR1 and then limit yourself to Racing Hard or Medium the most. Add ballast so that it weighs around 1250kg and reduce the power to around 480hp. What you've end up with is a ZR1 race car that's close to Whitney&Pratt C6.RGT2 (or GT-E), the car that wins this year's Le Mans in the GT-E class.

With the setup above my time on the 2009 Le Mans course is around 4:00 to 4:05.
 
I don't know for sure what they penalize for in the real race, but when I run standard gtplanet rules (2 wheels on track, no runoffs) I do 3'22s. Much harder to get around cleanly than in the Ford, and a bit slower in the corners.
 
I don't know for sure what they penalize for in the real race, but when I run standard gtplanet rules (2 wheels on track, no runoffs) I do 3'22s. Much harder to get around cleanly than in the Ford, and a bit slower in the corners.

They do penalize for short cutting the ford chicane, or shooting across the Dunlop chicane, they do. And no cutting the gravel in the chicane to cheat, but who would do that anyways, lol. So no short cutting to gain speed, keep it on the course.
 
I was talking about the Ford GT from the other thread, didn't know there was also a corner named Ford ;)

I always run without cutting but as I said I don't know exactly what they penalize for since there are several places at this track where you can use "questionable" sections of road...

I try to run the same lines as shown in this video:

 
I was talking about the Ford GT from the other thread, didn't know there was also a corner named Ford ;)

I always run without cutting but as I said I don't know exactly what they penalize for since there are several places at this track where you can use "questionable" sections of road...

I try to run the same lines as shown in this video:




Yeah, last 4 corners are the Ford Chicane. I know what your talking about though, I always try to hit my inside tires on the rumble strips, which I think is what your saying. 2.22? How do you play, controller or wheel? And did you fully upgrade? Mine is still missing the chassis reinforcements.
 
Try it with no upgrade to the RMed ZR1 and then limit yourself to Racing Hard or Medium the most. Add ballast so that it weighs around 1250kg and reduce the power to around 480hp. What you've end up with is a ZR1 race car that's close to Whitney&Pratt C6.RGT2 (or GT-E), the car that wins this year's Le Mans in the GT-E class.

With the setup above my time on the 2009 Le Mans course is around 4:00 to 4:05.

Yeah, I have one vette set up like that and one ment to surprise people and exicute some prototypes ;)
 
Back