Children of Men

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zrow
  • 6 comments
  • 562 views

Zrow

Sweet, delicious
Premium
Messages
2,734
Messages
AndrewPaul
Clive Owen plays a man set in a war-torn, dystopian future where all women have become infertile.

I don't want to give anything else about the story away in this thread, as I think that when going into a movie the less you know about it the better. I will say, though, that it's is an intense, expertly shot movie, and I was literally on the edge of my seat a few times. It's really got a gritty, realistic atmosphere to it; Cuaron really puts you right there in the middle of it all.

Let me say it again: intense. Has anyone else seen it yet? If you haven't, go see it while it's still in theaters.
 
Some parts were pretty intense as you mentioned. A lot of it was pretty graphic - which I liked. Some bits made me mad - like what happened to that old long haired dude outside his house, and what happened to that lady in the van when they were driving backwards running from those people. Stuff like that in movies pisses me off, but it made for a good movie I guess. Overall it was pretty good.

I could give a better review had I not kept getting interrupted by my daughter's loud giggling, and the occasional whine cause she was hungry - during the film. Note to self: try to let parents watch 6 month old daughter next time you go to a movie.
 
I enjoyed this film, it was more of a chase movie than I expected, but I didn't really know anything about it before I went to see it. The sequence at the end in that prison was fantastic. My biggest grip was the ending, it ended too suddenly and abruptly.
 
Children Of Men wasn't quite as good 2nd time round. But i love the way most of it was shot in long continuous shots. The final war/action sequence was brilliant and really intense. Also the bit in the car, that was so well shot. All the cast are brilliant, Michael Caine was just excellent & i still wish Clive Owen had been bond.
8/10
 
It sounds like a good movie, i'm waiting until i get some money, then i'm getting it :)
 
I thought it wasn't that good, and I was one of those who'd been waiting for it ever since I saw the trailer months ago. I can see what the movie's aspirations were, but to me it never fully realized them. I don't think it can be compared to Saving Private Ryan or whatever else they were comparing it to. The Oscars don't lie, remember!
 
The long continuous shots, especially near the end, were quite amazing. The whole scene kept you on the edge of the seat the whole time, and you really felt you were there. It's a shame not many movies are like this...

Other than that, the story and how it was executed pretty unique. It wasn't one of those classic Hollywood movies, that's for sure... Because of that I really liked it.
 
Back