choose seat side? left or right?

namregzepol
Hi there.

I usually play in cockpit view. And I wonder why it's not an option, at least when you buy a car, to choose the driver's seat at the right or at the left. Maybe there are cars that it's imposible to see, in real life, with the seat in the other side, but they are may others that are sold in different countries with the seat at a different side. For example, you can buy a subaru in Japan and it comes with the right driver's seat, but you can also buy in europe (except uk), and it comes with the driver's seat at the left side.

What do you think? It's something to be on a wishlist?

Regards.

Nah, takes away from the authenticity as 99% of the cars have the seat on the side of the home market. For example JDM cars the seat is on the right, USDM cars and European cars (Britain excluded) have it on the left.

Hi there.

I usually play in cockpit view. And I wonder why it's not an option, at least when you buy a car, to choose the driver's seat at the right or at the left. Maybe there are cars that it's imposible to see, in real life, with the seat in the other side, but they are may others that are sold in different countries with the seat at a different side. For example, you can buy a subaru in Japan and it comes with the right driver's seat, but you can also buy in europe (except uk), and it comes with the driver's seat at the left side.

What do you think? It's something to be on a wishlist?

Regards.
Just not worth the time from their perspective. And to be fair once you get going you get used to sitting in the 'wrong' side pretty quickly.

I guess if you have a manual gearstick you use with your wheel it could be more immersion braking, I don't think it matters to most people though.

Nah, takes away from the authenticity as 99% of the cars have the seat on the side of the home market. For example JDM cars the seat is on the right, USDM cars and European cars (Britain excluded) have it on the left.
That's maybe right for street cars. But GT500 cars, for example, in real life have the driver's seat at the left side, even all the japan streets car have it on the right...

Maybe it's a standard for racing cars to have it on the left side?

In GT7 Gr4, Gr3, Gr2 japanese cars, etc. have the driver's seat on the wrong side, from my point of view...

Seems like a lot of work when there is a laundry list of issues that need to be fixed/added just to bring the game to what most would consider a launch-ready state.

It's the kind of thing I'd probably claim to use if it was available and then never bother to actually switch the steering wheel side since you get used to it pretty quick. Like on the wheel I just use paddle shifting instead of the shifter when in cars with right-side steering.
Not a bad idea as a feature, I just think there is so much to prioritize over such things that are trivial in comparison.

Last edited:
Back