Choosing my car's name

Hi everybody, I know I don't post alot on GTP, but when I do, it's serious :D
Back on the topic. It's something I've wanted to do for a while: giving a name to my daily driver... and I hoped some of you could chip in with some ideas!
Just to give you an idea of what we're talking about, it's a 1998 Mazda Protegé (1.8) and it's grey (colour may help, who knows).
It's a she, so boy names are excluded.
So far, I have only two names on my list, Veronica and Vanessa, but I don't think it matches enough the car's personnality.

It'll come to you. Don't set out to name your car, it'll just end up being unnatural. The more you drive it and the more you work on it, the sooner you'll discover that the name creates itself in your head.

/Yoda

My dad always used to call all of his cars Agatha...

I called my MX-3 "Red", because she's red. We then had an MX-5 we called "Ellie", because we lived in Ely (pronounced differently) and she was a Berkeley special edition. When we got the Accord Type-R, which was also red, we called that "Blue", for that weird, British reason of irony.

At that point we realised that all of our cars were named after characters from kids' TV shows - Fraggle Rock, Pocoyo and Blue's Clues (or Pokemon)... The 207 was a company shed so never got a name (occasionally referred to as "the Pug of Dooooooooom"), though I recall the Fiesta which was also a company shed got called Ermintrude (Magic Roundabout).

Our BMW thus had to be named after a kids' TV character. As a big, green German car, that name "The Baron" (Baron Greenback; Dangermouse) seemed to do the job nicely and that stuck :D

The last motorcycle I bought was being PDI'd by a drunk guy when I collected it, he had screwed the front reg plate on upside down. It read 'Elsie' and so the bike was named.

You'll find something that the car has which will help you discover a name.

My car comes with her name built right in. I can just shorten Bonneville to Bonnie and be happy. :)

But how about naming your Mazda Jane?

It's a Protege, so how about Protey? :lol:

Or, how about Crappo? (depending on whether you like your car or not)

Crappo, ****box, b*tch could all be good alternatives since I'm torn between hate and love for this car. Hate because I didn't actually choose it, my dad did for me... it was cheap and reliable, so I told myself "why not?". 165,000 kilometers on the clock and no rust at all (quite surprising given the fact it's a thirteen year old Mazda).

And again, I love the way this car behaves (acceleration, braking, cornering, ride comfort) but it ticks me to some point that I didn't choose it. Everytime I look at it, I feel proud of it and disgusted at the same time...

I think I might have a problem here... Just got to find a name that would make me hate it less lol

Jane perhaps sounds good

Keep the suggestions coming, I like what I'm seeing so far!

Mine have silly names. Usually preceded by "the." For instance, "The Focus." Or "The Volvo."

Which car are we taking? The Focus.

I have two MX-3s. That method doesn't work...

Incidentally, I got the second MX-3 before we got Blue. The previous owners had named it Marvin - so he fitted the theme (Marvin the Martian) before we even knew we had a theme...

Funnily enough, two of my cars, the only two that've had names, have also been named after kids TV characters. The MX5 was called Dangermouse and the Beetle is called Roland (rat).

Famine named the Fiesta "Sadface" because of its glum expression, and the Fiat hasn't got a name.

You have to pick your own car name as others have said.

The Focus I have currently is named Felix, the Cooper never really got a name that stuck and the Blazer was called Shelia. The racecar Neon has been dubbed the Pistachio.

Back