Choppyness in stage previews(arcade mode)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Program Music
  • 6 comments
  • 484 views
Messages
8
I got the game today, and found recently that some of the stage previews are a bit choppy. By stage previews I mean what it shows when you are browsing the various stages in arcade mode. Does this happen to anyone else?
 
don't really understand what you mean by 'choppiness' but if you mean that it takes a bit of time for the image to load up above the track selection bar, then yes, i have had that, but you get used to it, as its gonna happen when loading static stored images.
 
I mean, in arcade mode, when selecting a track, the game shows demonstrations, short videos of each track while browsing through them. Well, I've found that certain stages for me are a bit choppy. Some more so than others.
 
hmmm.....:odd: , Maybe what you mean is when you have to choose whether you want to race in tracks from the "real circuits" or from the "Original Circuits" or Dirt, because when you choose the actual track, there are no "short videos" at all. Anyway, those brief demos of the tracks may be a little choppy, but what do you expect if they are not enlarged in to a full screen?

Relax, nobody said that this game had the best graphics you would ever see. There's still some room for improvement.

Ciao....
 
There are short preview videos while you're scrolling through the tracks... it's a background animation.

This may be a scratched disc or a dirty lens... I've experienced animation lag in other games, but not on GT4. How old is your PS2?
 
it's an old ps2 but i cleaned the lens with rubbing alchohol and it runs everything great it seems. interestingly enough, when i select the track and it enlarges to choose between original and reverse it gets less choppy. Even when it's at it's choppiest it's not very bad, just skips a few frames.

I don't think it would be a scratched lens though, those videos are in game right? Usually if an in game vid is choppy it's slowdown rather than the disc(the disc isn't scratched btw(and if it is not a great deal)
 
On second thought, I think you're ight, they're really high quality fmvs! None of the other games so far are having trouble with skipping fmvs for me.

Anyway the choppyness is subtle.
 
Back