• Thread starter Sprotacus
  • 3 comments
Scotland
Scotland
Sprotacus
Sprotacus_ChristmasCar_style.png
Sprotacus_ChristmasCar_scapes.jpg

Christmas Car Art.png

I needed to create a Christmas livery design for a '12 Races of Christmas' event I'm taking part in. So thought I'd tackle making a Christmas Jumper which was ended up being quite a challenge with the 15kb file limit. I initially did one full side of the the body and other parts like the side skirts as a jumper but hit the 400 layer limit and had to get creative and introduce the candy cane and Santa beard ideas but these helped to make it even more tacky!

The wheels were changed to another centre lock design that looked a bit like snowflakes and along with the mirrors and rear spoiler, were painted in Mazdas snowflake paint colour. The final touch was to give the decals the powder finish option which enhanced the jumper look at feel. Oh and the scared looking gingerbread man was a last minute addition to add a bit more fun to the design.

A challenging project that I wish I'd never started at times but good fun in the end. Anyone else putting together a Christmas themed design?

View attachment 1313039View attachment 1313040
View attachment 1313043

I needed to create a Christmas livery design for a '12 Races of Christmas' event I'm taking part in. So thought I'd tackle making a Christmas Jumper which was ended up being quite a challenge with the 15kb file limit. I initially did one full side of the the body and other parts like the side skirts as a jumper but hit the 400 layer limit and had to get creative and introduce the candy cane and Santa beard ideas but these helped to make it even more tacky!

The wheels were changed to another centre lock design that looked a bit like snowflakes and along with the mirrors and rear spoiler, were painted in Mazdas snowflake paint colour. The final touch was to give the decals the powder finish option which enhanced the jumper look at feel. Oh and the scared looking gingerbread man was a last minute addition to add a bit more fun to the design.

A challenging project that I wish I'd never started at times but good fun in the end. Anyone else putting together a Christmas themed design?
Love the Sweater design, very well executed!

Had also a look into this style but abandoned it quickly cause of the sheer size of the decals....

And you just added a complete 3d effect to it.... that's insane!

I ended up with simple seamless patterns, deleted one colour and wrapped a gold Mitsubishi.

20970311485031651.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1313039View attachment 1313040
View attachment 1313043

That’s nice
zooms in

OMFG the detail 🫶

Back