Chrome Paint Chip without update?

  • Thread starter Thread starter troy1
  • 12 comments
  • 1,050 views
Messages
306
Messages
jackpot3408
Do you need the new updates in order to win the chrome paint chip. I have been trying to get the chrome chip but cant seem to get it, do you need to have any of the updates to win the chrome chip for every 30 cars?

I've been having trouble with the update so I've disabled internet on my ps3
 
It's always been there.

What have you been doing to try and get it?
 
Ive been doing the restart trick I've heard of, just recievied car number 30, but I have been restarting for more than an hour and havent seen it!
 
Next time it awards a bonus paint and horn when you get 30/60/90 cars if it doesn't give you a colour you want (like chrome) just quit the game using the PS button on the controller WITHOUT clicking on the ok button on the paint notification(the game doesn't save until you click on the ok button) then restart the game, the notification screen will re-appear this time with a different colour, just repeat until it gives you the chrome paint chip.
or
You could just put an advert in the marketplace section of the forum and trade for one.
 
That would be the restart trick he's referring to..
 
That would be the restart trick he's referring to..

Referring to but never explained.:rolleyes:
More people than the OP will be reading this thread hoping for an answer instead of another search
 
Last edited:
I was actually going to respond with an actual answer to that, but I figured you'd be happier rolling your eyes and feeling superior..

Enjoy 👍
 
Thanks for the explanation A_s_z, as one of those people you described looking for an answer clarification of what the "restart trick" is helped a lot. Cheers man 👍
 
I've been trying the 'restart' trick to get a chrome chip, tried twice now, one on my normal account and one on my duplicate account. After quite a while of trying the silver chrome chip has come up and I click OK but the chip doesn't appear in my paint list. This has happened on both my accounts, anyone else had this, I can't work out what I'm doing wrong?
 
ps3 whitout internet????


smell like jailbreack to mee.
 
Referring to but never explained.:rolleyes:
More people than the OP will be reading this thread hoping for an answer instead of another search

Thanks for the explanation A_s_z, as one of those people you described looking for an answer clarification of what the "restart trick" is helped a lot. Cheers man 👍

I'm glad you found out what you needed to know :)

In response to A_s_z_t_e_c_h, well the fact is that this has been explained again and again. I myself have explained several times in different threads.

It's just like 'How do you unlock the nurburgring/Top gear track' etc...
The majority of questions have been answered many times and the majority of newer members just don't bother to use the search function. It's there for a reason.

The OP knew what to do, so I didn't see the point in explaining it (yet again).
Once this is off the front page, expect to see it asked again.

Oh, and :rolleyes: :-p
 
Back