Chronicles of Riddick

  • Thread starter Thread starter Der Alta
  • 24 comments
  • 943 views

Der Alta

Official GTP Bouncer
Staff Emeritus
Messages
9,209
Messages
DerAlta
Back before he was a secret agent, criminal with a heart of gold, he was Riddick. A murderer with glow in the dark eyes.

Yes, in the movie "Pitch Black", Vin Diesel was Riddick. A crimminal being returned to Earth to pay for the crimes he had committed.

Perhaps Mr. Diesel's only good part in any movie. Before he had an ego and a staggering price tag.

I quite enjoyed Pitch Black. Rather predictable, but quite good for a scary movie.

I'm wondering how this new movie will shape up.

Chronicles of Riddick

AO
 
I liked Pitch Black quite a bit too, Riddick was a great character. I''ll definitely consider seeing this one next summer.
 
so is chronicles of riddick a continuation of pitch black or something totally different?
 
From my quick viewing of hte trailer, it appears to be the saga of Riddick before or after Pitch Black.

Just know that he's the same character.

AO
 
I know I'm bringing up a really dead thread but I just saw this movie (I saw part of it before) and I really liked it even the look of things even though it was sublime. Alexa Davalos is hot too. But I don't see why people didn't like this movie? :confused:

That planet (can't remember the name of it) where the day time it reaches 700 degrees is friggin crazy but bad ass! :bowdown: Kinda feels like that here sometimes :rolleyes:
 
the story line was a bit retarded for chronicles of riddick, but i enjoyed it anways. I remember when i first saw Pitch black back when no one knew who vin diesel was.

man.. this thread was so dead...
 
vin Diesel was in Saving private Ryan too, he gets shot by that sniper that gets a bullet through his scope into his head.
 
yeah, lol, i saw SPR about a week ago and i realized that for the 1st time too...
 
Vin Diesel was a good actor, until the success of "Fast and the Furious" got to him. I thought the "Chronicles of Riddick" was OK.
 
Well... I got to see Pitch Black. It's hard to believe Chronicles of Riddick is the sequel to Pitch Black because I thought it sucked. Very disapointing. Anyway, I like Chronicles of Riddick so much I bought it used only it was the Director's Cut version! Oh man, Christine Cox is so hot! :lol: I'll probably try to get screenshot from the movie now that I can. :D
 
VIPFREAK
Well... I got to see Pitch Black. It's hard to believe Chronicles of Riddick is the sequel to Pitch Black because I thought it sucked. Very disapointing. Anyway, I like Chronicles of Riddick so much I bought it used only it was the Director's Cut version! Oh man, Christine Cox is so hot! :lol: I'll probably try to get screenshot from the movie now that I can. :D
Wait a second. You thought Pitch Black sucked but liked Chronicles of Riddick?
Usually it is the other way around.
 
Yeah that's the weird part. I saw Chronicles before Black though. :D Speaking of which, I got a cheap copy of Star War I that I watched and can I say WTF... people lets stay in order because I'm so damn confused. :grumpy:
 
dont forget, the game is the predecessor to pitch black ;) pretty cool how its part of the storyline, not a movie turned into a game
 
194GVan
dont forget, the game is the predecessor to pitch black ;) pretty cool how its part of the storyline, not a movie turned into a game
They are trying to do what The Matrix and Star Wars have done. They want this epic story built around Riddick that involves games, movies, and possibly books. Everything is seperate from each other but come together to tell a huge saga.
 
VIPFREAK
I got to see Pitch Black. It's hard to believe Chronicles of Riddick is the sequel to Pitch Black because I thought it sucked.

Come on. Own up.

What was the real sentence, and who replaced it with that one?
 
Famine
Come on. Own up.

What was the real sentence, and who replaced it with that one?
:lol: You are right. 1) "Pitch Black" was better. 2)"Chronicles of Riddick" was a prequel. :D Welcome back, VIPFREAK! :)
 
No. Riddick was a sequel. The ickle girl (who everyone bar Riddick thought was a boy) survived Pitch Black and dies at the end of Riddick.
 
Famine
No. Riddick was a sequel. The ickle girl (who everyone bar Riddick thought was a boy) survived Pitch Black and dies at the end of Riddick.
Yeah, it would seem odd that the emperor of a race of mystical planet raiders was suddenly being held captive by a bounty hunter after escaping from prison.
 
Famine
No. Riddick was a sequel. The ickle girl (who everyone bar Riddick thought was a boy) survived Pitch Black and dies at the end of Riddick.
Seriously? :ouch: I need to watch it again...... I was feeling like picking up a used copy of that DVD anyway. I don't know where I heard that "Chronicles" was a prequel. :confused:
 
194GVan
dont forget, the game is the predecessor to pitch black ;) pretty cool how its part of the storyline, not a movie turned into a game

Hmm... even if it does It's still not enough for me to want to rent it unless some one here actually thinks it's worth it. I never played the Matrix game. Yeah, it is cool how the game was first.

a6m5
:lol: You are right. 1) "Pitch Black" was better. 2)"Chronicles of Riddick" was a prequel. :D Welcome back, VIPFREAK! :)

Sorry my Bad... that sentence didn't make sense although I made it when I only had 2hrs. of sleep. :D Anyway, I thought Pitch Black sucked and Chronicles was way better. Thanks a6m5, nice to be back. :)
 
VIPFREAK
Hmm... even if it does It's still not enough for me to want to rent it unless some one here actually thinks it's worth it. I never played the Matrix game. Yeah, it is cool how the game was first.
It's called Gamefly.
Sorry my Bad... that sentence didn't make sense although I made it when I only had 2hrs. of sleep. :D Anyway, I thought Pitch Black sucked and Chronicles was way better. Thanks a6m5, nice to be back. :)
As I said, this is odd. :odd:
 
FoolKiller
It's called Gamefly.

As I said, this is odd. :odd:

Gamefly sucks... I've tried it. I'm not a gamer and it would be a waste of money for me. As for the two movies I know it's odd but Chronicles was more "dynamic" I guess... that's the only word I can think of.

Actually, now that I think of it... Black was more scary because of the retarded "Starship Trooper" like creatures and Chronicles was ALL ACTION without really bad sequel part of it that most sequel movies have. I think that's what killed Black for me. Riddick didn't seem as good in black either.
 
Back