Chrono Break!

• Thread starter psonefreak
  • 5 comments
Well, I read about this on several websites, and Square is supposed to do a new game in the Chrono series called Chrono Break. Nothing but the name is offical though.

Some of you hardcore Chrono gamers were sadly disappointed by Chrono Cross. I was to some degree, but its still a fun game. Well, this one will be the reason I finally get a PS2 (or PS3 if it doesn't come out til 2005)! Hopefully, it will include the return of Magus..

The black wind howls... ;)

Well, if it doesn't appear at E3 later this year I wouldn't expect it because there have been rumors long enough to have at least some info if the game is real.
I'm sure that at some point they will make a sequel, but the Chrono games haven't sold nearly as well as the Final Fantasy series. FF will always be Square's main priority (which is fine because they are great games.)

Chrono Trigger is the best RPG ever. 'Nuff said. Chrono Cross just tryed too hard. It only had a handful of things in common with the CT and the story was horrible. The best thing about it was the battle system, graphics and gameplay. If it had the story of CT, it would've been a winner.

it looks like someone jus pasted the chrono cross chars in. *shutter* at least in the first... the "its a trap!" one... that head is from Star Wars... ep 2 I think... :rolleyes: :lol:

if they do make another I wish it'd have somthing to do with Chrono Trigger... like maybe a direct sequel.. years later or somthing.. *shrug*

Chrono Chross is actually the third game in the series. Chrono Trigger was the first, and Radical Dreamers - a text-based game for a "Satellite" add-on to the Super Famicom (SNES) - was the second. Chrono Cross was an adaptation of the Radical Dreamers storyline.

Hironobu Sakaguchi mentioned in an interview in 2001 the probability of a fourth Chrono title, but as it's now 2003 and Squaresoft has become Square-Enix and we have yet to see Chrono 4, I have my doubts.

Back