Cinema Vs Hometheater

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ibonibo
  • 9 comments
  • 1,067 views

Cinema Vs Hometheater

  • I go regulary to the movies and rarely watch movies at home (90-100% Vs 0-10%)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't watch movies

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    15

Ibonibo

Premium
Messages
5,439
Luxembourg
Luxemburg
So how do you prefer watching new movies?

Going regulary to cinema, rarely , never,... prefer watching movies in home in front of your TV....

Why...??

I rarely go to cinema nowadays. I prefer not spending 8€ min on a ticket, plus pay for overpriced popcorn and Coke, no stupid comments from other people and when watching long movies I can go to the toilet without missing a chunk of the movie.

Once a month my friends and me shuffle the movie night between us, then we gather at someones places with 5-15 people, have great snacks lots of drinks and if someone shuts out a comment we can rewind and the obvious pausing when the girls go to the toilets.

Never looked back at the time when I did go every week in the movies, which became kind of expensive

When I do go to the movies (which is countable on a single hand during a year) it's because the majority wants to see it on the really big screen and it's a big release.
 
Last edited:
I prefer watching them at home, the last movie I saw in a theater was The Simpsons Movie in 2008. It' not worth it to me, on top of the ridiculous price just to get in you have to pay the insane prices for their concessions which are always limited in variety. Plus at home you can start whenever you want and pause "when nature calls".

Saying that, Rush may break the "not going to theaters" streak.
 
i like the theaters, but only because I dont have have a projector yet... $10 movie tickets and overpriced theater popcorn, your days are numbered!
I guess the theater is better for girl watching too
 
Man I feel lucky.. we have a few theaters here where if you go on a weekday before 5pm the tickets are around 5$ and the theater has like no one in it.
 
I can't stand the cinema.

Here in China people feel it's fine to chat with their friends or answer a call. With my temperament this often leads to a profanity laden outburst on my part.

At home I've got the projector and decent sound system. I can smoke and pause the film when I like. It costs me only electricity. Plus I don't have to deal with waiting or other people.
 
I very rarely go to the cinema nowadays. I went to see the girl with the dragon tattoo remake a few months back. However, in ikebukuro (an area in Tokyo) there is a cinema that often does overnight showings from 10pm to 6am. I went recently and saw planet terror, deathproof, hobo with a shotgun and machete. Once a year, they do overnight screenings of the godfather trilogy and the star wars trilogy. I'll be going to see those. A ticket to the all night movie costs ¥1,500 which is around £12 or $19.

Other than that, I only go to the cinema if I really want to see something on release. When I lived in the uk, I went to cine world as often as twice a week, but I only paid £12 per month for membership.
 
I rarely go to cinema nowadays. I prefer not spending 8€ min on a ticket, plus pay for overpriced popcorn and Coke, no stupid comments from other people and when watching long movies I can go to the toilet without missing a chunk of the movie.

- Ticket Price
- Price of concessions
- Noise from other customers
- Pause for the toilet

All good reasons. Also these:

- Proper temperature
- Proper volume
- No line to stand in
- Good seats


When I do go to the movies (which is countable on a single hand during a year) it's because the majority wants to see it on the really big screen and it's a big release.

I pretty much exclusively go to the movies when I'm with guests (or am a guest myself) and we run out of other things to do.
 
I rarely go. Prefer to watch at home.

There is one theater I like in the Chicago area. It has big comfy leather chairs, and waiters/waitresses that bring food and drinks. And they serve alcohol. 👍
 
For all the reasons above, I've been to the movies maybe twice in the last year. The prices are outrageous. We reserve those outings for special trips. With the improvement in home theater technology, we can get a better, more comfortable experience at home...for a fraction of the cost.
 
JSadler
For all the reasons above, I've been to the movies maybe twice in the last year. The prices are outrageous. We reserve those outings for special trips. With the improvement in home theater technology, we can get a better, more comfortable experience at home...for a fraction of the cost.
Agreed. For my family, seeing a movie at the theater happens 2-3 time a year. Movies at home, on the other hand, is virtually daily.
 
Back