Cinematographic Wakeboarding Video, Looking for Critiques and Views

• Thread starter wesgtp
  • 2 comments
United States
United States
Hey guys I've been a long time member of gtp and sim racing in general. I am also an avid wakeboarder of intermediate skill level. My other hobbies include videography and editing. My brother and I just completed a wakeboarding edit from last summer you can view here:
This edit, more than past ones, has focused on cinematography, getting better angles for shots, and perfecting color correction. Any tips for improvement in these areas would be great help! We shot this with a Panasonic GX7 with only two clips being from a gopro 2.
If you guys enjoy our work then please like and sub to my YouTube page! We like to produce snowboard and skateboard edits after each season as well. Thanks for any tips or comments guys! Seeing more views and likes on a production that took many months of work gives me great joy!

Cool video. 👍 I like your choice of music and use of slow motion but I think you guys need two things, a second boat and a longer lens! Slow motion close-ups would be awesome and having the boarder fill the frame would give you a greater sense of speed especially when panning left and right, keeping a stable image might be tricky though considering you're filming from a boat.

Cool video. 👍 I like your choice of music and use of slow motion but I think you guys need two things, a second boat and a longer lens! Slow motion close-ups would be awesome and having the boarder fill the frame would give you a greater sense of speed especially when panning left and right, keeping a stable image might be tricky though considering you're filming from a boat.
Thanks my friend! Those are two great points. A few clips in the middle were filmed from a tube really close to us riding. We used a gopro because it's waterproof but the quality gets much worse. The very first clip my brother risked holding his super expensive camera above the water. He held it on a pole while he was on another wakeboard to get a side shot of me haha. If you are interested, we'll have a snowboarding edit done by the end of winter on my youtube channel.

Back