Circuit de la Sarthe

• Thread starter RickyH64
  • 25 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Every car I try can only get two laps before pit I’ve tried the cars suggested in previous threads
Currently with a dodge viper G 4
No problem speed grip etc but pitting every two laps you have no chance of winning !
I’m on intermediate difficulty
Any ideas for a car or maybe my set up
If the car is guzzling fuel it can’t matter surely

30 min race 700 pp limit

Any Gr.B car tuned to 700pp will do 4 laps at FM6 and still blow away the AI. The Gr.B Toyota 86 can get 5 laps at FM6 and TC4+ with mindful shifting and coasting on the back straight.
The swapped Amuse S2000 will get 6 laps easy for me on the rare dry races, but since it usually rains around lap 3 and then again sometimes lap 6 or 7 you need to pit and swap tires before then.

Every car I try can only get two laps before pit I’ve tried the cars suggested in previous threads
No problem speed grip etc but pitting every two laps you have no chance of winning !

30 min race 700 pp limit
Try Viper on FM2 or Corvette, or Huracan. Adding medium turbo on some cars also works.
Detuning a Gr3 car also works.

30 min race 700 pp limit
Are you adjusting the fuel map? Even the Viper should be able to do 4 laps, with the fuel map set on 4 or 5.

The easiest way for me and without worries about weather is to use those two cars .
Gtr nismo 500 16
Lexus rcf 500 16
Can't go wrong with them ,just put fuel map to 6 from the beginning and intermediate rain tyres and forget pit stops and if ,or how hard it will rain .
They will run for 7 laps easy and are quite similar in performance.
My settings are
IMG_20230101_200424754_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230102_193228246_HDR.jpg

Of course they are lot of cars for that race but since is all about " griding" i prefer the safest and brainless way for this race .
Now to add a little spice for my self i try ( sometimes) to make a personal lap record if weather allow it.
Especially at the last part of the lap you can run flat out .

For the record, lapping around 4.31 more or less you are more than ok at least for the easy difficulty level that am using for griding.
Don't know about the other levels for this race but definitely you need less than two minutes above 30 to end it .
And if you're chasing your " tail" could be less than one and a half.
IMG_20230102_200944579_HDR.jpg

30 min race 700 pp limit
Any gr4. Set fuel to 3 to get three laps. Change difficulty to easy. You gain nothing running it any higher, assuming you're running the race as a way of farming cars.

CLK-LM Easy mode, yes my favorite car
FM3, start on RH, pit for IM/RW if needed, no re-fuel, just don't rev out, keep about 3/4 revs
don't do more than 7 laps, no need

It took me embarrassingly long to figure out the fuel map and traction control settings are accessed mid-race, I was having trouble running out of fuel for the GR.1 menu book and finally figured out how to improve fuel economy…

Toyota Celica Rally Car can run 4:03 lap times at FM6 in my hands. Great 4wd system on it so traction is good even in the rain. 1 pit stop after lap 3 required. Save some fuel and short shift on lap 7. I'm usually sitting at the line for 15 seconds waiting for the timer to go out. Beat the AI by 1:30 on Hard difficulty.

Toyota Celica Rally Car can run 4:03 lap times at FM6 in my hands. Great 4wd system on it so traction is good even in the rain. 1 pit stop after lap 3 required. Save some fuel and short shift on lap 7. I'm usually sitting at the line for 15 seconds waiting for the timer to go out. Beat the AI by 1:30 on Hard difficulty.
Its a time race why the need for such a fast lap time? At that pace you must be doing close to 9 laps.

I try to stay at 4:25 its just enough to stay in front of the ai and keep the total laps at 6 if I'm lucky.

Last edited:
Its a time race why the need for such a fast lap time? At that pace you must be doing close to 9 laps.

I try to stay at 4:25 its just enough to stay in front of the ai and keep the laps total laps at 6 if I'm lucky.
Well, now I just try to beat my lap record when I do the race, so I'm really trying to get a sub 4 minute lap. I know its not necessary to really push to go fast on this race, but trying to beat my lap record in this car at least makes it more entertaining.

Well, now I just try to beat my lap record when I do the race, so I'm really trying to get a sub 4 minute lap. I know its not necessary to really push to go fast on this race, but trying to beat my lap record in this car at least makes it more entertaining.
I agree with you , since griding became boring , putting some targets to catch gives some interest to that boring process.
Am on the " slower side " but the feeling you get its the same.
Was a week period that needed to collect cash fast and run this 4-5 times a day for a small friend of mine ( i don't own ps5 and gt7 yet !!) and chasing my self keep me " alive" to go on again and again.
Finally i get both cars at 4.25 .

Not bad ( i guess) for s car with top speed at 230-239 khm.

I like using the Ford Focus RS with the GT40 experimental engine, it can do up to 4 laps before needing fuel, although weathe rusually forces a pit before fuel does. first lap fuel map 3, 2nd & 3rd map 1, 4th lap fuel map 6. Can usually sneak it under 4 minutes a lap on laps 2 and 3, think my best was a 3.57.

I can’t find the car to purchase suspect in used cars

I like using the Ford Focus RS with the GT40 experimental engine, it can do up to 4 laps before needing fuel, although weathe rusually forces a pit before fuel does. first lap fuel map 3, 2nd & 3rd map 1, 4th lap fuel map 6. Can usually sneak it under 4 minutes a lap on laps 2 and 3, think my best was a 3.57.
GT40 engine ?

The preferred cars for a cruising easy win aren't the Gr. 4 cars, as they are the same cars AI is using and if you juice them up a bit near 700pp, the fuel consumption will not be very nice.

To a comfortable win for a beginner, there are 3 clear paths, the Alpine A210 with a turbocharger (you may need to wait for one available on Legend Cars Dealership but it's very cheap for LCD standards) stupidly fast and very low fuel consumption, a little tricky on the medium-high speed sections as it doesn't have the same downforce of more modern cars, a detuned Gr. 2 car is solid option, the McLaren or the Mercedes are built for Le Mans but are very expensive, the Super GT cars aren't as fast on straights being cheaper very fast and with a better fuel consumption, on the Gr 1 cars the only solid option on 700pp is the 787b, just need to worry about fuel if you go for 8 laps on a full dry race.
Any of this options will give you a huge fuel mileage advantage, even to workout the best strategy on dynamic weather.
Apart from that, the Gr. 3 cars are a solid bet too, or some Road Cars/VGTs but don't have much experience with engine swapped cars or VGTs in this race.

The preferred cars for a cruising easy win aren't the Gr. 4 cars, as they are the same cars AI is using and if you juice them up a bit near 700pp, the fuel consumption will not be very nice.

To a comfortable win for a beginner, there are 3 clear paths, the Alpine A210 with a turbocharger (you may need to wait for one available on Legend Cars Dealership but it's very cheap for LCD standards) stupidly fast and very low fuel consumption, a little tricky on the medium-high speed sections as it doesn't have the same downforce of more modern cars, a detuned Gr. 2 car is solid option, the McLaren or the Mercedes are built for Le Mans but are very expensive, the Super GT cars aren't as fast on straights being cheaper very fast and with a better fuel consumption, on the Gr 1 cars the only solid option on 700pp is the 787b, just need to worry about fuel if you go for 8 laps on a full dry race.
Any of this options will give you a huge fuel mileage advantage, even to workout the best strategy on dynamic weather.
Apart from that, the Gr. 3 cars are a solid bet too, or some Road Cars/VGTs but don't have much experience with engine swapped cars or VGTs in this race.
Thanks very much great info

Thanks very much great info
I’m on middle level of ability

Latest Posts

Back