Circuit Experience - Master List of Difficult Events

• Thread starter nummer0
  • 10 comments
Serbia
Serbia
Due to CE gold times being inconsistent in difficulty, I've decided to do community a favor by listing all of the insanely difficult events, so that players who are attempting the said challenges know what they're getting into.

I am posting this as a DS4 user, wheel users may have different experience(s). The events named here represent my view based on the time I needed to gold these events and therefore my skill level. Someone else's experience may differ based on his/her skill level.

EUROPE:
  • Brands Hatch: Full lap
  • 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit: Sector 1; Sector 5; Full lap
  • Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya: Sector 3
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife: Sector 1; Sector 4; Full lap
  • Deep Forest Raceway: Sector 2
  • Autodromo Lago Maggiore: Full lap
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix: Full lap
  • Sardegna - Windmills: Full lap
  • Dragon Trail Seaside: Full lap

AMERICAS:
  • WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca: Full lap
  • Trial Mountain Circuit: Sector 1
  • Colorado Springs: Full lap
  • Fishermans Ranch: Full lap

ASIA-OCEANIA:
  • Autopolis: Sector 3; Full lap
  • Suzuka Circuit: Sector 1
  • Mount Panorama Circuit: Full lap
  • Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise: Sector 2; Full lap
  • Tokyo Expressway Central Counterclockwise: Full lap
  • Tokyo Expressway East Counterclockwise: Sector 2

EUROPE:

AMERICAS:

ASIA-OCEANIA:
From your list, as a DS(5?) user on PS5, I wouldn't agree with these.

The rest of your list I think is fairly spot on to my own experience though.

Unsure on Sainte-Croix. I definitely found it difficult but I don't think the track is that hard, just I hadn't driven it really at all. The car is definitely one of the easier Gr.1's to drive on a controller though.

I would however add:

Sardegna - Road Course: Full lap

This is the epitome of a bad time for a controller user as it has three critical slow speed corners which I find very difficult with a controller (in timing the turn-in correctly and then putting the power down at exit) as well as numerous 'shoot the gap' sections that require similar precise timing of your turn-in with very low margin for error.

The only way I think this would have been more difficult is if it used the 908 from the Le Mans challenge with it's high speed snap oversteer.

Due to CE gold times being inconsistent in difficulty, I've decided to do community a favor by listing all of the insanely difficult events, so that players who are attempting the said challenges know what they're getting into.

I am posting this as a DS4 user, wheel users may have different experience(s). The events named here represent my view based on the time I needed to gold these events and therefore my skill level. Someone else's experience may differ based on his/her skill level.

EUROPE:
  • 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit: Sector 1; Sector 5; Full lap
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife: Sector 1; Sector 4; Full lap
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix: Full lap
  • Sardegna - Windmills: Full lap

AMERICAS:
  • WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca: Full lap
  • Colorado Springs: Full lap
  • Fishermans Ranch: Full lap

ASIA-OCEANIA:
  • Autopolis: Sector 3; Full lap
  • Mount Panorama Circuit: Full lap
  • Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise: Sector 2; Full lap
  • Tokyo Expressway Central Counterclockwise: Full lap
  • Tokyo Expressway East Counterclockwise: Sector 2

This is pretty spot on as far as my experience (DS4 controller) goes too. Though I’m yet to do any of the American tracks except Fisherman’s.

It’s been weird how often I gold all individual sectors within three or four tries (ok, seven or eight) but then the full track can take loads, loads more. I thought Brands was going to be easy after breezing the sectors, but the full lap must’ve taken at least an hour or two. Same with Lago, all sectors easy, but I actually gave up (for the time being) the full lap.

For Americas - Colorado Springs has a REALLY strict gold time. Sectors were very easy, so I was hoping that the lap would be a breeze but oh boy was I in for a treat. Laguna Seca is also very strict, I like that track so it was kinda enjoyable but still (botched it countless times in the final corner) took me more time than I had hoped it would.
For Lago - it wasn't neccessarely difficult but I had a misfortune of running a 1:58.53x, and that became my ghost. The lap was good with a botched final corner, and I didn't want to quit to reset ghost because I never quit before golding (lol) so then I had that problem of trying to beat a pretty good lap.
Also, had a 57 something with a penalty so yes, it was quite frustrating.

Dirt tracks (apart from Colorado) have lottery jumps which is a huge bug in GT7 at least from my experiences.

All in all - a nice experience. Not.

i dont see any point in this unless you give tips for any of it because it's personal experience. i had no trouble with anything except nurb and le mans.
I don't see the point in this post. Why post then?

The point of this thread is to let players know what they're getting into, in order to plan their time. It's not good if you have, let's say 30 minutes of play time and the event takes well over an hour.

Again, I'm talking about general population. If you're above that - well good for you, have a cookie. This isn't a thread for bragging. You're fast? Enter WRS, please. Just don't pollute my thread with posts like these. Thank you!

Last edited:

The point of this thread is to let players know what they're getting into, in order to plan their time. It's not good if you have, let's say 30 minutes of play time and the event takes well over an hour.

Again, I'm talking about general population. If you're above that - well good for you, have a cookie. This isn't a thread for bragging. You're fast? Enter WRS, please. Just don't pollute my thread with posts like these. Thank you!
all you're doing is fear mongering a bunch of races that aren't that hard with less than an hours practice. you add nothing to the conversation and actually would put people off from trying more than helping

all you're doing is fear mongering a bunch of races that aren't that hard with less than an hours practice. you add nothing to the conversation and actually would put people off from trying more than helping

Touché.

Back