Circuit Experience - well worth watching the videos

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
I decided to try and change some of my bronzes to silvers and silvers to gold in this part of the game. When I'd done certain tracks before I'd just gone straight in, and took a bit from the text line only.

This time I decided to watch the video for each section I was trying.... and it makes a big difference! The driver and narrator are great and give clear, easy to understand advice. Really worth doing if you're new to GTS.

Started with Monza and after only a few goes, got my first all-gold track..... and, as a bonus, walked away with a BMW Z4 Gr.3..... I didn't know you got gifts for golding these tracks (except the decals but who is going to put a bronze course decal on their car??!!)

The more I get around this game, the more I like it.....:cheers:

Last edited:
Good way to stock the garage, and helps learn the tracks too. I've got them all done, just need to up them to gold. I have something like 12 bronze and 14 silver yet to do. Suzuka section whatever I hate you.

Edit: I just golded Monza and got an Alpine A110

Last edited:
I agree the videos are a great help to get you up to speed. The real world tracks not so much because I already know most of them from other games, but for the fictional tracks that are new to the GT series it helps cut down my learning time massively. I like that they pause and point out braking markers for you to use as well. Change in grass colour, kerb ending, trackside objects. Small things like that really helps with consistency.

I just wish they added more tracks. Like St Croix for example, all 3 variants are wildly different and we could do with 3 CEs instead of just one. Also need one for every reverse track as well. Would be a nice and easy way to pad out the "career" mode and give some extra credits/cars.

BTW, if you don't know the narrator is actually a GTP member. I forgot who though, maybe one of the mods can remind me. That's also probably one of the reason why the CE for new tracks always come one month late because they need time to fly the guy to Japan and record the narration :lol: The Japanese version of the game has a different female narrator - the only reason I knew this is because the one lap Brands Hatch video glitched and overlaid the Japanese speech over the English one.

Last edited:
I've golded all sectors and tracks, and got all sorts of nice cars out of it - plus a trophy. I can't believe the Nurburgring is worth the same as the other tracks, though. You should get something special for learning and conquering the Ring - but it's the same as golding one of those lame Tokyo tracks..

All these track experiences are way too easy. Actually, you can just jump into a track you‘ve never done and score full gold on your first try. They need to bring down these times quite a bit, especially for gold. It‘s a joke the way it is right now!! Same with the missions.

No wonder someone „discovers“ that the videos actually provide some valuable input. If these challenges were actually challenging you would HAVE to watch the videos first as a normal John Doe, because you couldn‘t just quarter-ass your way through them.

BTW, if you don't know the narrator is actually a GTP member. I forgot who though, maybe one of the mods can remind me.

No, I didn't know that. If the driver and narrator are reading, thanks for putting out such useful learning aids in a way that's really easy to understand! Although of course, not everybody needs it....:mischievous:

I think the mileage points builds up real fast too just like the leagues.

People should have no excuse getting gold on say simple tracks like A1 Red Bull Ring Osterreichring etc. - I did it first go and I'm crap.... grab the loot on the 'gift' tracks like Tsukuba Maggiore Brands Hatch BB/BMB etc.

The real challenge arrives with the Ring!

Even something like Le mans had me tearing my hair out partly because the track limits seem ill defined?

All these track experiences are way too easy. Actually, you can just jump into a track you‘ve never done and score full gold on your first try. They need to bring down these times quite a bit, especially for gold. It‘s a joke the way it is right now!! Same with the missions.

No wonder someone „discovers“ that the videos actually provide some valuable input. If these challenges were actually challenging you would HAVE to watch the videos first as a normal John Doe, because you couldn‘t just quarter-ass your way through them.

agreed. Apart for nurburgring, I got gold first or second try, without assists, and without watching the videos for every track, including some I had never driven on (i.e. st croix).

That being said, Im really bad on the nurburgring, I barelly got the gold, and then I saw that the best lap times for this specific circuit experience were like 20-30s faster than the requirement for gold...

Even something like Le mans had me tearing my hair out partly because the track limits seem ?

People struggle with the track limits in Le Mans because they think that they are within the track limits if they don't cut or exit wide, but the way PD made it is more stupid than that (and if you have seen the best lap time replay in Gr1 in the FIA last week, you will see you can actually cut or exit wide).

For example, if in the first hunaudières chicane, you go wide on the right (at the mid turn), and cross the white line with two wheels and the gaz ON, you are considered as out of the track limits, even if you don't cut the inner border at the exit. As you say, the track limits are ill defined, and if you don't know the exact spots, it's best to drive conservatively.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, if you don't know the narrator is actually a GTP member. I forgot who though, maybe one of the mods can remind me.

No, I didn't know that. If the driver and narrator are reading, thanks for putting out such useful learning aids in a way that's really easy to understand! Although of course, not everybody needs it....:mischievous:
The narrator is @Tom

I just wish they added more tracks. Like St Croix for example, all 3 variants are wildly different and we could do with 3 CEs instead of just one. Also need one for every reverse track as well. Would be a nice and easy way to pad out the "career" mode and give some extra credits/cars.

That's a truly great idea. Would love to see that implemented.

👍

Tom
Thanks very much indeed for the kind comments, I really do appreciate it.

We learners (I've been playing since GT1 but had a 5 to 6 year break.... so learning again!) really do appreciate those videos and your narration... so helpful. Thank you.

Gold times have been progressively getting easier in GT series since GT6. If you want challenge, try to beat the times set in the demonstration videos. They are on old physics so sometimes it can be quite difficult. Once you beat that, try to beat the worldwide leaderboards. That'll last you enough challenge until the next GT comes round :lol:

All these track experiences are way too easy. Actually, you can just jump into a track you‘ve never done and score full gold on your first try. They need to bring down these times quite a bit, especially for gold. It‘s a joke the way it is right now!!

The Circuit Experience is just a training tool for DR C drivers. Its' not a proving ground, that's what the sector time tracking is for. Do you seriously just play this game for a joke gold trophy? If you want to prove yourself try for the top regional times, it tracks them.

The Circuit Experience is just a training tool for DR C drivers. Its' not a proving ground, that's what the sector time tracking is for. Do you seriously just play this game for a joke gold trophy? If you want to prove yourself try for the top regional times, it tracks them.
I couldn’t care less about the offline content. I missed S rating in FIA by all of 14 places, as a B rated player. And I am in two private teams and leagues. I still would like content to be challenging at least. Or the KI to actually drive intelligently... :lol:

The op still has bronze trophies. Remember, not everyone has the same skill level.

Back