Circuit of The Americas

• Thread starter George Ch
  • 28 comments
This is a great track. Licensing might be a bit of an issue. But it reminds me of Spa. Hope this one gets more votes.

Track layout:

COTA-track-informationa.jpg

Last edited:
My aunt Lives 5 miles away from It, and I was there when F1 am Moto GP Tests, the sounds were just amazing, even when I was there I was amazed with the track, I seriously want It in GT.

I have been able to run this track for a 5k, attend the inaugural F1 race, and had an opportunity to drive on it in a Cadillac CTS-V twice .. it's an amazing track! I would be really glad if this track was included in the future. (FYI you can drive it in F1 2012)

I have been able to run this track for a 5k, attend the inaugural F1 race, and had an opportunity to drive on it in a Cadillac CTS-V twice .. it's an amazing track! I would be really glad if this track was included in the future. (FYI you can drive it in F1 2012)
Sweet, and I've test it in F1 2012.

I've gone down 5 times over the past 12 months. I'll finally check out the MotoGP in April. Can't wait.

Last edited:
The Australian V8 Supercars raced here back in May 17-19 2013 (Austin 400)
The elevation changes in the track make for great motor racing!

It must be popular when the F1 race is sold out and it's almost standing room only in the grass. Compare that to the last race in Bahrain when the only stands were on the front straight and they weren't even full. AND, there was no one in the grass around the rest of the track. I bet there are more people at COTA for the Friday F1 practice than were at the Bahrain or Malaysia races!

Just got Grid Autosport. The COTA track is great on it. I've had GT6 fans over just to run COTA! (we live about an hour from COTA so it's popular around here) The graphics are kinda GT4 level but the damage to the cars is great. The AI cars are very aggressive and that's on "medium" which is adjustable. I've only had it for a few days but I think it will be very entertaining for $50. At least I didn't have to buy a PS4 and my Driving Force wheel works fine on it. WARNING: Don't get shook up when the wheel doesn't center on start-up. It will wake up when the race starts.

I find it odd that PD still didn't added this to GT, this is a track we need to have in the future GT game.

But this is PD so except not.

T2-T11 look like silverstones copes to becketts. lol. In the map anyways... Ill watch an onboard and see if they still look the same. :)

Edit: I watched an onboard. the rhythm is just like silverstone, the corners are just a little sharper and longer. :)

T2-T11 look like silverstones copes to becketts. lol. In the map anyways... Ill watch an onboard and see if they still look the same. :)

Edit: I watched an onboard. the rhythm is just like silverstone, the corners are just a little sharper and longer. :)
Silverstone has nothing like turn one though.:lol:

I went to the F1 race this year, and boy, was it a beauty. Even went on the circuit after the race and they weren't kidding when they said turn 1 is steep uphill! It saddens me there isn't any real simulator other than the F1 games (to my knowledge) that have COTA in there.

Pic related was after the race!

Attachments

• IMG_4122.JPG
    IMG_4122.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 19
I went to the F1 race this year, and boy, was it a beauty. Even went on the circuit after the race and they weren't kidding when they said turn 1 is steep uphill! It saddens me there isn't any real simulator other than the F1 games (to my knowledge) that have COTA in there.

Pic related was after the race!
Yeah, I got to drive up turn one in my car and it was so steep!

Back