Circuit Superstars Hits Steam Early Access, Coming to Consoles Later

I usually forget about the fuel symbol but check map of the track instead. When I put and come out they're all way ahead of me, which means they didnt pit as I was way ahead when pitting. I've been meaning to check replays.
Last night I did finally get the Pro Am gold for modern GP even though I screwed up Whistle Valley AGAIN. But it came down to that final stop at Tilksport. I think it was on lap 8. Myself and P2 came down pitlane nose to tail (because I screwed up pit entry AGAIN) with me in front. P2 got into their box slightly quicker than I did but my thumb was on that button because if they were going to short fill I was too and that's exactly what they did. As soon as I saw movement I hit the button and barely got out in front of them and won the race.

So there is a pretty good bit of strategy to be played in this game. I will say the one thing that has annoyed me chasing these trophies is that there is always one AI car that is dominate through the whole championship. They always win if you don't. They never ever have a bad day which means you need to be pretty much perfect.

Right before I went to bed I thought I would try to run Piccino Cup on Pro just to see the difference and that was a bad idea. Never finished higher than 6th in the 3 races I ran. I just don't see how the AI runs the lines they do. They look like they're moving so slow in a turn but there is no wasted movement so they get out quicker. I can't get slowed down that much so I'm almost drifting it around a turn or trying to cut it so close I get a time penalty.

Last night I did finally get the Pro Am gold for modern GP even though I screwed up Whistle Valley AGAIN. But it came down to that final stop at Tilksport. I think it was on lap 8. Myself and P2 came down pitlane nose to tail (because I screwed up pit entry AGAIN) with me in front. P2 got into their box slightly quicker than I did but my thumb was on that button because if they were going to short fill I was too and that's exactly what they did. As soon as I saw movement I hit the button and barely got out in front of them and won the race.

So there is a pretty good bit of strategy to be played in this game. I will say the one thing that has annoyed me chasing these trophies is that there is always one AI car that is dominate through the whole championship. They always win if you don't. They never ever have a bad day which means you need to be pretty much perfect.

Right before I went to bed I thought I would try to run Piccino Cup on Pro just to see the difference and that was a bad idea. Never finished higher than 6th in the 3 races I ran. I just don't see how the AI runs the lines they do. They look like they're moving so slow in a turn but there is no wasted movement so they get out quicker. I can't get slowed down that much so I'm almost drifting it around a turn or trying to cut it so close I get a time penalty.
Yes there is one AI that dominates which leaves you no room for errors, and tears precisely why I bash that AI out of the way and try to make it get stuck behind other AI. Not so easy to do. Also it's hard to do a perfect lap after lap, I have done many perfect laps until I see the AI catching up in the last lap or 2 and think oh **** here it comes then I make a slightly less than perfect corner and fail.

Last edited:
The Hot Ride Summer Patch is LIVE!

The Hot Ride Summer Patch is LIVE!

That's pretty cool. I haven't played in several weeks but I'll definitely have to check this out.

I played last night for about 15 minutes. My dirt car technique is going to have to get much better because I suck at it right now. The new track, Sunny Side Park. is short and simple. Not much to it at all.

I'm not sure how I feel about having the names above the cars. Mine wasn't above my car but there's a chiclet sort of thing instead and I can't remember if it was there before the patch. The patch notes said you could toggle the names off and on but I don't know if that means just yours or all of the names. It says use the right bump/right shift to toggle but I tried every sort of right button and they didn't toggle.

I like some of the new sounds and the way you see your progress after each race. Overall it was a nice update, just have to be better at dirt track racing now.

I tried ths update last night. Not a lot in the update considering the long wait, some nice little additions though. I noticed they've wiped grand prix progress which was annoying until I realised winning the harder trophy gives you the trophies for the lower levels too. Nice that you can save progress by just quitting out of a race.

I played last night for about 15 minutes. My dirt car technique is going to have to get much better because I suck at it right now. The new track, Sunny Side Park. is short and simple. Not much to it at all.

I'm not sure how I feel about having the names above the cars. Mine wasn't above my car but there's a chiclet sort of thing instead and I can't remember if it was there before the patch. The patch notes said you could toggle the names off and on but I don't know if that means just yours or all of the names. It says use the right bump/right shift to toggle but I tried every sort of right button and they didn't toggle.

I like some of the new sounds and the way you see your progress after each race. Overall it was a nice update, just have to be better at dirt track racing now.
Pretty sure it waant there before the patch. Press R1 to get rid of all the names then again to get rid of ths cursor above your car.

Edit: Didnt realise there were two new tracks.

Last edited:
I tried ths update last night. Not a lot in the update considering the long wait, some nice little additions though. I noticed they've wiped grand prix progress which was annoying until I realised winning the harder trophy gives you the trophies for the lower levels too. Nice that you can save progress by just quitting out of a race.

Pretty sure it waant there before the patch. Press R1 to get rid of all the names then again to get rid of ths cursor above your car.

Edit: Didnt realise there were two new tracks.
Yeah I like not having to run all of the races at once to avoid losing progress.

Do you press R1 while the race is going to get rid of the names or do you pause it?

I noticed they've wiped grand prix progress which was annoying until I realised winning the harder trophy gives you the trophies for the lower levels too.
Oh man, I wish I knew that before Piccino GP three times over starting with the easiest difficulty. Would have saved some time. :lol:

Last edited:
I know things like licensing would make it cost prohibitive, but I wonder how a game like this would look based off of scaled down versions of real tracks. Like Le Mans for example. Wherever there is a straight, you cut the length down by half or so. Some you leave alone like between Indianapolis and Arnage. But Arnage up to the Porsche Curves, half or so. Roughly half the length of the Mulsane etc. But leave the turns as close as you can in radius etc. Sort of a shrunk down version.

I don't think you could do courses with elevation like Spa or Laguna Seca. But where courses are mainly flat Silverstone, Suzuka, Hockenheim, it should be doable.

Oh man, I wish I knew that before Piccino GP three times over starting with the easiest difficulty. Would have saved some time. :lol:
I was going to do that but then thought hang on a minute let me check this first. Good job I did.
I know things like licensing would make it cost prohibitive, but I wonder how a game like this would look based off of scaled down versions of real tracks. Like Le Mans for example. Wherever there is a straight, you cut the length down by half or so. Some you leave alone like between Indianapolis and Arnage. But Arnage up to the Porsche Curves, half or so. Roughly half the length of the Mulsane etc. But leave the turns as close as you can in radius etc. Sort of a shrunk down version.

I don't think you could do courses with elevation like Spa or Laguna Seca. But where courses are mainly flat Silverstone, Suzuka, Hockenheim, it should be doable.
I thought the game had a track that ( Monaco) but then realised it was a dream I had lol. They could just base it on realmtracks with some differences, also I dont see why elevation changes would be impossible

I was going to do that but then thought hang on a minute let me check this first. Good job I did.

I thought the game had a track that ( Monaco) but then realised it was a dream I had lol. They could just base it on realmtracks with some differences, also I dont see why elevation changes would be impossible
Well Faenza is sort of like Imola.

SYEqyZD.png

Faenza - Imola
Thunder Point - Road America
Sugar Hill - Watkins Glen
Speedopolis - Indianapolis
Magdalena - Hermanos Rodríguez

The rest I don't know if they are based on real ones or are original tracks.

Faenza - Imola
Thunder Point - Road America
Sugar Hill - Watkins Glen
Speedopolis - Indianapolis
Magdalena - Hermanos Rodríguez

The rest I don't know if they are based on real ones or are original tracks.
I knew about Speedopolis and Faenza but the rest I had no idea about. I'll have to check that out next time.

Tonight I tried running a Grand Prix. There was qualifying for the first race but for all of the next races I was put at the back of the field in 12th place. I don't remember it being like that before the update.

Tonight I tried running a Grand Prix. There was qualifying for the first race but for all of the next races I was put at the back of the field in 12th place. I don't remember it being like that before the update
Before the update you started in your position in the championship I believe.

Before the update you started in your position in the championship I believe.
I thought you qualified for each race. Because I can remember once I got to pro sometimes I was starting 4th or worse. If they're putting you at the back of the field for each race, that's going to be very difficult to overcome as you increase difficulty.

I thought you qualified for each race. Because I can remember once I got to pro sometimes I was starting 4th or worse. If they're putting you at the back of the field for each race, that's going to be very difficult to overcome as you increase difficulty.
If you win the race you start last next race, however there must be a glitch as I started 7rh after finishing 7th

If you win the race you start last next race, however there must be a glitch as I started 7rh after finishing 7th
I'm almost certain before the update you had to qualify for each race in the championship. That doesn't make sense that just because you won you should start at the back or whatever position you finish in that's where you start. That's more of a punishment for doing good in the previous race.

I'm almost certain before the update you had to qualify for each race in the championship. That doesn't make sense that just because you won you should start at the back or whatever position you finish in that's where you start. That's more of a punishment for doing good in the previous race.
Some race series do this to even out the grid putting the drivers in reverse order from the last race finishes.

BTCC have a rather complex system for each round which consists of 3 races. Race 1 of the day uses a grid decided by qualifying on the day prior, then the grid for race 2 of the round is then decided by finishing positions in race 1, 1st starts 1st, 2nd starts 2nd etc.

But then race 3 they reverse the grid, so 1st starts last, 2nd starts 2nd to last etc. Except one car who finished between 6th and 12th is chosen at random to start in pole. There are some even whackier systems for deciding grid order in some other series to this. Of course, the most popular grid order system in mainstream motorsports is qualifying order, but the point is that there are professional race series that "punish" the fastest drivers to create closer and more competetive racing.

Last edited:
Some race series do this to even out the grid putting the drivers in reverse order fromt he last race finishes.

BTCC have a rather complex system for each round which consists of 3 races. Race 1 of the day uses a grid decided by qualifying on the day prior, then the grid for race 2 of the round is then decided by finishing positions in race 1, 1st starts 1st, 2nd starts 2nd etc.

But then race 3 they reverse the grid, so 1st starts last, 2nd starts 2nd to last etc. Except one car who finished between 6th and 12th is chosen at random to start in pole. There are some even whackier systems for deciding grid order in some other series to this. Of course, the most popular grid order system in mainstream motorsports is qualifynig order, but the point is that there are professional race series that "punish" the fastest drivers to create closer and more competetive racing.
I know they do it in real world racing. It's just in this game they suddenly went from qualifying for each race in a championship to only qualifying for the first race then results based grid orders in subsequent races and didn't say anything specifically about it to my knowledge. Unless it was just part of the overhaul of the whole championship system.

I know they do it in real world racing. It's just in this game they suddenly went from qualifying for each race in a championship to only qualifying for the first race then results based grid orders in subsequent races and didn't say anything specifically about it to my knowledge. Unless it was just part of the overhaul of the whole championship system.
Fair enough, I just wasn't sure before if you were referring to Circuit Superstars specifically or talking more generally after the first sentence.

I think doing it this way actually made winning superstar easier, or rather less damn hard. Before the update your main rival always got away and won, where as if you didn't win you would often end up 3 or 4 places behind or worse. Now they get stuck in the pack too.

I think doing it this way actually made winning superstar easier, or rather less damn hard. Before the update your main rival always got away and won, where as if you didn't win you would often end up 3 or 4 places behind or worse. Now they get stuck in the pack too.
I guess so. I didn't really pay attention to how the starting grid was arranged but if 2nd place is back there with me then I guess that means they invert the entire field. But it does seem you have to sort of bash your way through to the front. Now since there's no qualifying you also lose that single point for pole position which a couple of times before the update, made the difference between me winning and losing the championship.

For fun competition going on at the moment - entries to be judged by the devs...

(links in video description)

Last edited:
Back