Circuito De Jerez - What do you use it for?

• Thread starter VetteDawg
  • 5 comments

VetteDawg

(Banned)
VetteDawg00
Since it was a prize track I only use it for the prize cars. The Williams (the one that would've been Senna's) got the gold. It's too bad they don't give you enough ghost car saves so you can save one for each prize car.

Since it was a prize track I only use it for the prize cars. The Williams (the one that would've been Senna's) got the gold. It's too bad they don't give you enough ghost car saves so you can save one for each prize car.

Sure that was Damon Hill's car from his 1996 championship winning season, if you switch to one of the side cams during the replay it has D.Hill marked on it.
I find Jerez a tough one to get to grips with because there's no racing line marked out, plus you can't race there so you never seem to have much incentive for pounding round it, but i'd say it'd be a nice rewarding lap once you get used to it.

Yeah, Damon Hill's car. Coulthard drove Senna's car. (I use the helmet that most closely matches Senna's so it looks like Ayrton in a replay) I actually kind of like the track. There's no racing line but it's not a real long track so it's pretty easy to know where your car is supposed to be. I find the hardest corner to be the very last one.

Like I said, I won't put anything but a prize car on it....but man...the straights are just barely wide enough for that meandering Alpha Romeo 158. :)

Jerez has minimal sun glare which makes it relatively easy to drive in TT.

I've been driving it in the old Alfa & the Lotus 49C. Got a Silver time in the 49C - anyone want to try it?

I've been driving it in the old Alfa & the Lotus 49C. Got a Silver time in the 49C

That's pretty good. I got silver in the older Williams. Currently I have identical times with the 49C and the 72 Lotus...both ending in .280

That old Alfa Romeo is a piece-a-work isn't it? You've gotta have the hands of a surgeon to get that thing around the track cleanly.

I'm not sure why the Alpha (& to a lesser extent) the Cooper Climax "wobble" around like they do. I find they are drivable, you just have to get used to the feel & hold the wheel (if you're using one) very steady.

Back