Circuito de la Sierra

France
France
Tricky_Vega
Should Circuito de la Sierra come back in Gran Turismo 7 ?

To me the the answer is obviously YES, but that wouldn't be a sufficient reason for a thread.

The real questions are why that specific track is a "must return" ? in which forms and layouts this original half fictional road circuit could be an absolute banger in GT7 from GT6 ?

Screenshot_20230728-172353_Chrome.jpg

Why Circuito de la Sierra ?

I imagine that most players undoubtedly love driving around the Nürburgring Nordschleife and at Le Mans during races, drifting or roaming around in lobbies, because the vastness of the landscape and the length of the track allow us to feel more free than on conventional tracks.

Remember that it was 27 km long in GT6, on closed roads from a real world's location in Spain near Ronda and offered such a diversity of track styles from super sinuous mountainous parts like on the Nordschleife to super fast long plain straights like at Le Mans.

And because it is almost a combination of these two legendary circuits, it has to come to GT7.

Screenshot_20230728-172941_Maps.jpg

In which forms and layouts ?

Due the enhanced capacities of the PS5, open worlds game maps are now extremely wide horizontally and vertically, allowing the players to feel a greater freedom in the travels and actions.

If we imagine this would be a PS5 exclusive content (in a payable DLC or not) this could allow Polyphony Digital to work on a much wider virtual space.

The start of a "restricted" open world.

And furthermore, free from the PS4's limitations, PD could develop a little "embryonic" open world around that idea, and that specific road circuit, by creating a secondary roads' network.

This network could be drivable without limitations in lobbies, or on different track layouts for races and time trials, by blocking some intersections, and creating paddocks at different spots of the location, which is done in many fictional tracks in GT7.

The pinnacle of music rally.

I believe most of you don't care about it, but I find music rally in GT7 extremely fun, but missing some levels of difficulty, and regret it is so unsignificant in this game by being actually a side game without rewards and such. If this could be corrected, I wish it was.

I also like music rally because it specifically reminds me the time rally section in GT6 on Circuito de la Sierra.

Which is also why I believe it has to be back in GT7, in the ultimate and most difficult trial of that section.

Screenshot_20230728-172603_Google.jpg

So these are the main reasons why I'd love to see that track enhanced in Gran Turismo 7.

Let me know, friendly, what are your thoughts about it.

Last edited:
Considering the rate at which tracks have been added, and with only one of them being a fantasy track, I'd say the odds are slim.

Who knows...
I believe PD was kind of "strangled" because of the cross platform development of GT7

And also believe they'll probably start developing higher grade contents for the PS5 only with the PS5 Pro coming slowly but surely 😉

It's worth a look backwards to GT6 actually 😁

To me the the answer is obviously YES, but that wouldn't be a sufficient reason for a thread.

The real questions are why that specific track is a "must return" ? in which forms and layouts this original half fictional road circuit could be an absolute banger in GT7 from GT6 ?

View attachment 1275766

Why Circuito de la Sierra ?

I imagine that most players undoubtedly love driving around the Nürburgring Nordschleife and at Le Mans during races, drifting or roaming around in lobbies, because the vastness of the landscape and the length of the track allow us to feel more free than on conventional tracks.

Remember that it was 27 km long in GT6, on closed roads from a real world's location in Spain near Ronda and offered such a diversity of track styles from super sinuous mountainous parts like on the Nordschleife to super fast long plain straights like at Le Mans.

And because it is almost a combination of these two legendary circuits, it has to come to GT7.

View attachment 1275767

In which forms and layouts ?

Due the enhanced capacities of the PS5, open worlds game maps are now extremely wide horizontally and vertically, allowing the players to feel a greater freedom in the travels and actions.

If we imagine this would be a PS5 exclusive content (in a payable DLC or not) this could allow Polyphony Digital to work on a much wider virtual space.

The start of a "restricted" open world.

And furthermore, free from the PS4's limitations, PD could develop a little "embryonic" open world around that idea, and that specific road circuit, by creating a secondary roads' network.

This network could be drivable without limitations in lobbies, or on different track layouts for races and time trials, by blocking some intersections, and creating paddocks at different spots of the location, which is done in many fictional tracks in GT7.

The pinnacle of music rally.

I believe most of you don't care about it, but I find music rally in GT7 extremely fun, but missing some levels of difficulty, and regret it is so unsignificant in this game by being actually a side game without rewards and such. If this could be corrected, I wish it was.

I also like music rally because it specifically reminds me the time rally section in GT6 on Circuito de la Sierra.

Which is also why I believe it has to be back in GT7, in the ultimate and most difficult trial of that section.

View attachment 1275791

So these are the main reasons why I'd love to see that track enhanced in Gran Turismo 7.

Let me know, friendly, what are your thoughts about it.
Loved that track we did so many street challenges on that track In my league!!

Loved that track we did so many street challenges on that track In my league!!

This could be the start a second life for GT7, with a renewed interest from the players.

I still believe PD has the tools to mix a Forza Horizon and Motorsports in the same game. (Maybe not the will yet).

I sort of feel like it'd be too long to host proper Sport Mode events in, and I also wouldn't really want it back without the Time Rally that came with it.

However, on the subject of GT6 content, I would really like the Goodwood Hillclimb to return - perhaps it could be the theme of a new set of missions.

I'm not sure it would be too long, because it's actually faster than the Nordschleife.

It'd actually be selecting and challenging in sport mode, which is quite missing.

But I presume you haven't read the thread in full because I was speaking of shorter layouts taken from a mini open world based on that location of la Sierra.

And Goodwood is of course a great idea, which I'd love to see implemented in a themed update.

This thread can be summed up as: "Hope things get better from here, the game has been out for 1½ years after all"

While all I can say is, we're lucky if we get even one more track this year, that's not an existing track with new features.

This thread can be summed up as: "Hope things get better from here, the game has been out for 1½ years after all"

While all I can say is, we're lucky if we get even one more track this year, that's not an existing track with new features.
Or it could be merged into the wish list thread? It reads just like a wish but with loads of rationale as to why OP wants it back to me.

Absolutely not,

And even if I consider GT7 is still more a GT Sport 2, that track was one of those I wanted to see back from the beginning, I actually appreciate this game for what it is.

Most players are annoyed to feel that this game has a great technical potential, but what they don't reckon is the reason why it's not much exploited.

Cross platform development for most games was a mess and dulled down the results, and GT7 included. Added the ******** in-game economy to push players towards microtransanctions wanted by PlayStation, it gives a double messed up GT sport 2 instead of GT7 And that's not much the fault of Polyphony Digital.

Like I said in the thread, things will get better when PlayStation will decide to completely leave the PS4 behind, and really start to exploite the PS5 at full send.

We players have to show a little more trust and patience.

Lots of things to unpack in this thread... Aside the fact this is just a wishlist item at the end of the day, even if well-written, there's one thing I want to ask.

We players have to show a little more trust and patience.

Why?

Trust and patience is for people you can actually talk to. With the level of communication Polyphony Digital is, ahem, legendary for at this point, exactly how much trust and patience do you think "we players" will guarantee the return of this one specific circuit? To say nothing of all the other things "we players" already want and bicker about all day; can we please not start with the assumption this is a two-way relationship?

As TumeK said... "We players" have as much say into these kinds of decisions as the publishers let us. Usually, it's close to zero.

Last edited:
Of course not. “Need” implies that the quality of the game depends on it. The track was experimental at best, so I don’t see how it could be considered a necessity.

Would GT7 benefit from having it? Probably not so much, as the majority of players would consider it low-priority compared to other missing circuits.

I would like to see this track return because driving "slow" cars around a big track is a tonne of fun. Having another alongside the Nurburgring would be great, especially when PD are shunning street circuits.

I'm not sure it would be too long, because it's actually faster than the Nordschleife.
All I know is my buddy and I had 2 challenges in the 787B (stock form):
Sierra and Nordschleiffe.
Sierra was almost a minute longer IIRC.

I've said this before here but I know both my buddy and I would love to see it back.

Really miss that track; it was epic.

That's about your tastes and that's OK 👌🏽

And about City environments I think it could work just looking at Tokyo Express Way.

The thing is in my opinion, the more we talk positively of what players would love to occur in Gran Turismo, the more there will be chances it happens because I do believe K.Yamauchi is quite concerned with what positive players think of his dearest of works.

Kaz was back in the neighbourhood

I guess he's been visiting the area and checking the secondary roads network. I'm quite sure we'll see some scapes from Ronda back in the game at the least.

In the between I've replugged my PS3 to remake these time rally around the Circuito de la Sierra which are definitely something apart in the Gran Turismo lore by its level of arcade fun but with a taste of real driving sensation on real world width roads. And made some single player races against LeMans prototypes cars with the Bentley Speed 8, and that circuit is just brilliant for that. Because the faster the car is the longest the track must be.

And each time I can't help myself thinking how brilliant it would be to have this in a "small" open world with bot-car roaming at normal speed in any direction.

Someone told about the difficulty of helding races in Sport mode on that specific track because of the width actually, and I must say that in my opinion it would be a challenging one indeed, but also noticed that poeple in sport mode from a certain level (from b-s to the top) are actually looking for clean action from others and themselves.

In my opinion it would excellent because the more drivers try to avoid the mess the more fun they get from it.

It would be pertinent to level the entry to "interesting" races from a certain level of abilities, to motivate players to improve their skills and behaviour. From beginner, Intermediate to Expert for daily races and suggesting 2 races per level, which means the more effort you make to improve, the widest range of choices you'll have in the game. Just like in real life.

this track always felt like PD launched their track creator, removed lenght restricitons, and just let the creator do its business. Poor track

Well that's your point of view but the thing is that the location is a real one and the first quarter is actually the real world existing road, not exactly remade to the details but the main stuff is there.

And actually the would have been to make it even more realistic with blocked intersections and the removal of some ridiculous jumps.

And I agree with you on the point that even the Nordschleife can be considered like crap by some people.

Back