Citroën C1 Fujimi Kaido Competition

• Thread starter doctorrg
  • 25 comments
Australia
Gold Coast
drbrg
Silv3rEy3d
Hi guys,

over in another thread browneyedman asked for a Citroen C1 F class tune that would get him around Fujimi Full better, and subsequently, I was trying out a lot of F, and then E, class tunes for the Citroen C1 to get me around, and down, Fujimi better, and I figured, why not make it a competition. So, a competition it will be. :)

I don't want to do the full circuit, so I've chosen the P2P event Fujimi Old Down Hill from the Leaderboards. It's the one I have the most fun with at the moment.

The Car will be the C1 and there will be no tuning restrictions.

Classes will be F and E.

I'll be running two competitions. The first one will be in old rivals style, and will be exclusive to people driving Automatic. Beat my time, and you can choose a car up to the value of 250K. Beat both my times, and you can choose a car up to the value of 500K (or two cars up to the value of 250K each). If there are no more than 10 people who will beat my time, the prize money will be doubled. Up to 1 Million could be yours, simply for beating my times. Unfortunately, I'll equally have to cap it to the top 50 participants (not that I think there'll be that many, but I better put in a disclaimer). Why Auto you ask? Well, I drive Auto, and it allows for a better comparison, and if you're interested to know, I'm using the Wireless Speed Wheel.

The second competition will be a competition for places, and the top three people beating my time will be walking away with some additional prizes, though I'm not entirely sure yet how it's going to work, as not everyone will be able to see everyone else's time. But we'll work it out!

For now, to be able to see my time (and me being able to see yours), please send me a FR, if you're not on my friends list already. Just mention you're from Forza Planet and want to take part in this comp, and I'll accept it next time I'm on. Then everyone can just drive the track as many times as they want, with whatever tune they want to try, and we're going to close this at the end of this month. I'll then be going to have a look at the leaderboards and declare the winners.

Part I of the comp is now open, Part II of the comp still to be formalized. Do people think it would be fun to make this a Auto only comp, even if a lot of you guys don't drive Auto much? Might be fun for a change, no? Or would you guys prefer to make the placing part of this comp open to everyone?

I'm open to suggestions, still. ;)

Cheers!

I've got C1's tuned for F and E class in my garage that will get the job done. I don't drive auto though. I'm not sure what my times would look like if I handicapped myself by using auto, and I rarely drive Kaido so I don't know the course at all. I may make a couple of runs though, just to see what kind of times I can get.

I've got C1's tuned for F and E class in my garage that will get the job done. I don't drive auto though. I'm not sure what my times would look like if I handicapped myself by using auto,

That's the point, Wiggs. ;) I've got no doubt you could beat my time easily without the handicap of driving Auto. But since I drive Auto, the first part of the comp only applies to Auto.

and I rarely drive Kaido so I don't know the course at all. I may make a couple of runs though, just to see what kind of times I can get.

If you're just in for the fun, feel free to drive Manual, and I'm happy to make the second part of the comp open to everyone driving Auto or Manual, if most people prefer to not have it restricted to Auto. But you only get a prize for the first part of the comp for an Auto time. At least for as long as I'm still playing around with that Wireless Speed Wheel. :crazy:

Cheers! :cheers:

Well, I don't need the credits...so I'll probably make a run with and without auto, just for fun. I'd like to see the difference between my times anyway. :cheers: BTW, you probably would get more interest in this on the official forums. Forzaplanet is pretty slow these days.

I'd most likely compete in part 2 depending on when it is, I don't think I'll do well but it's worth a try. I had a go at Forza 4 yesterday and was pretty rubbish even though it had only been 2 weeks since I last played.

BTW, you probably would get more interest in this on the official forums. Forzaplanet is pretty slow these days.

Yeah, probably, then again, I don't want too much interest either, otherwise the logistics might be quite the hassle. I might take an Auto only comp over there, though, just to get some more people driving Auto.

I'd most likely compete in part 2 depending on when it is, I don't think I'll do well but it's worth a try. I had a go at Forza 4 yesterday and was pretty rubbish even though it had only been 2 weeks since I last played.

Well, what counts is the time you've posted on the leaderboard by the end of this month, so effectively, part 2 of the comp is open as well, the earlier you start, the better your chances may be. I just have to figure out how to best do this and what some nice enough prizes are to at least generate a little more interest.

Seeing I'll be able to see all the times, I could do a daily update of the top 3 times on here, so people know what to shoot for. What do you guys think would be decent enough prizes to make people a little more interested without going overboard?

Cheers!

And well, if it's only three people in the end, I guess everyone can have a prize. :lol:

I'm not interested in prizes, I'm really just doing it to test myself and will be tuning the car myself.. which most likely means it will be absolutely awful but I need to start understanding how to do all this tuning stuff.

Also I might not set a time till close to the end of the competition because I always do worse when I drag something out over a few weeks.

No worries. Actually, I've just remembered forzastats.com. They've got the top 300 for each category online, and you can easily see who drove Auto and who didn't.

F Class

E Class

In F Class there are only 2 Auto times in the Top 300, at 274 and 289 at the moment, and both with the Pinto, so I'm not sure whether it'll work out (though it may for the second part of the comp, if we do it Auto or Manual), but I'll try and see whether I can get in there. For E Class there are 8 Auto times in the Top 300, the highest ranked at 129, also with a Pinto. I've actually got the highest ranked Auto time in a C1 at the moment, at 269. There's absolutely no way in hell I'm going to be able to get that first Pinto, but I'll see how much further I can push it, maybe I can at least get ahead of the Beetles.

Made my first F class run and got a 4:22.xxx #470 overall. I must say I don't think I've ever run this course before, so the time would be way faster if I knew the track. :P I was surprised I got a clean lap....It felt like I was going so slow.....creeping around blind corners to keep it clean. :lol: Probably could shave 8 to 10 seconds off that if I take the time to learn the course. ***EDIT*** Shaved over a second off my time on the 2nd run using auto. It feels so strange using auto after being used to manual/clutch. Still don't know the course at all....probably need quite a few more laps to feel comfortable and start shaving off some substantial time.

I will compete as soon as I get my "F" tune for fuj....haha
I' m up for it no matter what.

Haha. Glad you're in. 👍

Made my first F class run and got a 4:22.xxx #470 overall. I must say I don't think I've ever run this course before, so the time would be way faster if I knew the track. :P I was surprised I got a clean lap....It felt like I was going so slow.....creeping around blind corners to keep it clean. :lol: Probably could shave 8 to 10 seconds off that if I take the time to learn the course. ***EDIT*** Shaved over a second off my time on the 2nd run using auto. It feels so strange using auto after being used to manual/clutch. Still don't know the course at all....probably need quite a few more laps to feel comfortable and start shaving off some substantial time.

Well, if you're going to shave 10 seconds off that 4:22, you'll be shooting straight past me. I better try to improve my time. :lol: For comparison, the highest ranked Auto only driver currently sits at #274 with a 4:15.755.

For comparison, the highest ranked Auto only driver currently sits at #274 with a 4:15.755.[/QUOTE]

4:15:755!!!I'm still coming off hitting my 6th wall about that time, before the bridge. Is there a a boobie prize? maybe a livery for my C1?? :):)

4:15:755!!!I'm still coming off hitting my 6th wall about that time, before the bridge. Is there a a boobie prize? maybe a livery for my C1?? :):)

Do you maybe need a better tune? If I'd have a nice livery I could share, you could have it, but I'm afraid I don't. :( Oh, and about that 4:15:755, that time is so last week. :P

Do you maybe need a better tune? If I'd have a nice livery I could share, you could have it, but I'm afraid I don't. :( Oh, and about that 4:15:755, that time is so last week. :P

I'm not so sure a better tune would help...but it can't hurt.
To be honest the real problem is I make decals and designs 10 times more than I race.:indiff:

I'm not so sure a better tune would help...but it can't hurt.
To be honest the real problem is I make decals and designs 10 times more than I race.:indiff:

Well, not sure whether it was 10 times more, but, on average, I used to spent a lot more time in the AH than I used to race. I've really only looked at leaderboards, for example, for the last few weeks. Didn't actually ever think I could have as much fun with those as I seem to have now. I've somehow re-discovered my competitive streak. :lol:

Totally forgot about this. :embarrassed: I've been busy filling requests for tunes the past couple of weeks. I really need to run a lot more laps to put in a competitive time, as I don't know the course. :indiff: @browneyedman, I'll send you a tune next time I'm on....if I remember. ;) @doctorrg, I'll invite you to race sometime when I see you on. Let's put that competitive streak to the test. :mischievous: Probably won't be P2P courses though. :lol:

@doctorrg, I'll invite you to race sometime when I see you on. Let's put that competitive streak to the test. :mischievous: Probably won't be P2P courses though. :lol:

Competitive in the sense of me picking reasonable targets to beat, Wiggs. :lol: That said, if it should work out, happy to have a race with you, though I don't have any expectations of winning. Well, unless it is a course that I know and you don't. :P

Competitive in the sense of me picking reasonable targets to beat, Wiggs. :lol: That said, if it should work out, happy to have a race with you, though I don't have any expectations of winning. Well, unless it is a course that I know and you don't. :P

I'm not that fast....and I'd make sure we race on Kaido some too. That would only be fair. :cheers:

I'm in as well, love a good time trial. Not bothered about prizes etc, just in it for fun.

Managed a 04:15:721 in F class using the set up i put on the C1 for catalunya. Got another few seconds in it if i tune the car for this track but easily another 5-10 with manual and clutch. How the hell you cope with automatic is beyond me, it's forever shifting at the wrong time and was driving me mad!

I'm in as well, love a good time trial. Not bothered about prizes etc, just in it for fun.

Nice to see! 👍

Managed a 04:15:721 in F class using the set up i put on the C1 for catalunya. Got another few seconds in it if i tune the car for this track but easily another 5-10 with manual and clutch. How the hell you cope with automatic is beyond me, it's forever shifting at the wrong time and was driving me mad!

^^^This! Driving auto is maddening when you're used to driving manual/clutch. :banghead:

Sorry about that, guys, feel free to drive manual. And yes, I do have these moments as well, particularly if the car decides to crawl up a hill in a high gear, but it really is what works best for me at the moment. The Wireless Speed Wheel is pretty sensitive, and it's near impossible for me to shift and keep the wheel straight, unless you really are going dead straight. As for the controller, I don't seem to be able to get used to it, and I haven't even learned to steer properly, and that's without having to worry about shifting. I actually try to avoid it as much as I can, and exclusively use the Wireless Speed Wheel. If I should ever get a proper wheel setup, I'll be shifting to driving manual instantly, as it is, Auto will have to do for me. :indiff:

I am suddenly interested in getting a time up now... after I had to redo some of my yellow wristband times on Forza Horizon when I saw you beat me. I remember trying several times to beat the one where we're using the FR-S with absolutely no hope of catching you.

I'll try and use auto in F class and see what I can do with the car, you have to tune the car so that the gears aren't too long that the game decides to shift early and then you lose all power but the game decides that's the best way to go anyway so it get's very annoying.

^^^This! Driving auto is maddening when you're used to driving manual/clutch. :banghead:

I only use automatic, and a controller.

That explains why when we race you kick my butt!!

At least that's what I tell myself. If I was honest with me it would that I am a really bad driver. Haha. But the C1 is alot of fun to drive.

Hi guys, seeing there's no further weekend before the end of the month, I don't think I'll get the chance to further improve my times, so here are the likely times to beat.

F Class: 04:11.184 (current #172, #1 Auto)

E Class: 04:08.667 (current #162, #2 Auto)

Thanks for taking part!

Hi guys, seeing there's no further weekend before the end of the month, I don't think I'll get the chance to further improve my times, so here are the likely times to beat.

F Class: 04:11.184 (current #172, #1 Auto)

E Class: 04:08.667 (current #162, #2 Auto)

Thanks for taking part!

Some good times there doctorrg 👍

I could probably squeeze another few seconds out of the c1 in f class with auto transmission but it would be a push, i'm not a big P2P fan so would be a chore for me

You should switch to manual w/clutch as it's easily good for 5-10 seconds or so on auto.
Did you get those times with the wireless speed wheel by the way, if you did that's quite impressive :bowdown:

Some good times there doctorrg 👍

I could probably squeeze another few seconds out of the c1 in f class with auto transmission but it would be a push, i'm not a big P2P fan so would be a chore for me

You should switch to manual w/clutch as it's easily good for 5-10 seconds or so on auto.
Did you get those times with the wireless speed wheel by the way, if you did that's quite impressive :bowdown:

Thanks, and don't worry about doing chores, if it's no fun, don't do it. Just switch to manual if you've had enough of Auto, thanks for having a go! 👍

And yes, both these times were done with the Wireless Speed Wheel. It's a lot more fun to me than using the controller. Driving Manual, however, would make it too much of a chore, if I could eventually manage to hold the wheel still while shifting at all (or still steer properly while shifting for that matter). One day I may get a proper wheel setup, until then, Wireless Speed Wheel on Auto it is.

Back