Citroen GT Drift Tune

Hello, I came up with a drift tune for this funky supercar, and wanted to share. I'm really pleased with this because I think it could work for a couple different styles of drifting; I got it to slide through natural weight transfer under heavy braking, as well as slowing down and giving a blip of the hand brake.

I changed very little of the suspension, so compliments go largely to the designers:

Front tires: Comfort Hard
Rear tires: Comfort Medium

Ride height: 100 / 100
Spring rate: 12.29 / 18.59
Dampers: all 3
Anti-roll bars: 2 / 2
Camber: 0.5 / 4.5
Toe angle: 0.00 / 0.40

Brake balance: 2 / 8

Transmission: With the final drive at 3.615, I shifted the Max Speed slider all the way to the left, put the first four gears as far left as the sliders would allow, and tweaked gears 5 and 6 to fill out with gear 7 (which I did not change).

Limited slip: 15 / 60 / 10

Triple plate clutch installed

Power limiter: 75%

Engine tuning: Stage 3
Exhaust manifold upgrade installed

Downforce: 325 / 550

Ballast weight: 131 kg
Ballast position: 50% (far right slider)

I had won this as a prize car (one of the Goodwood Festival time trials IIRC) and was tempted to sell it when I was strapped for cash, but kept it, expecting that a seasonal event would pop up, necessitating the use of it. What I didn't expect was that it would be a drift trial!

I ended up using this car in the maligned French cars drift trial, and pushed it to a gold trophy, which is pretty much as hard as I try with drift trials.

I think you'll agree with me that it's surprising and not surprising at the same time; this vehicle has a nice, low center of gravity and a long wheelbase, most of all a rearward weight bias which I think makes it suitable for drifting.

I just reigned in a 7,938 point score for the European car drift trial at the Red Bull Ring; feel free to post your results and suggestions to make this into a monster drift tune

Latest Posts

Back