Citroen Xantia Activa 3.0i V6 2000

• Thread starter Matej
  • 15 comments

Matej

Premium
Croatia
Zagreb
iu

The Xantia Activa is a special version of the standard Xantia. It features hydro-pneumatic suspension along with active roll-bars, both which allow the car to go around corners with no body roll. The Activa was extremely rare and sophisticated, especially if mated to the 3.0i V6 engine found on the regular Xantia as well (Some markets received the smooth 2.0i Turbo, which had less power, but better torque distribution at lower revs. I suggested the V6 model because statistically, this is the fastest model).

This car holds a record speed on Swedish manoeuvring test, couldn't be beaten even by the Porsche 996 GT2. Below you can check the fastest top speeds (in kph) of several different cars (for the full list of all tested cars proceed here ):

Citroën Xantia Activa V6 '99 = 85 kph
Porsche 996 GT2 '04 = 82
Audi R8 4,2 FSI '08 = 80
Opel Omega 2,2 (sportchassis)'00 = 80
Ford Focus RS '10 = 78
BMW M3 Coupé '07 = 77

This car would replace the current Xantia in the Gran Turismo series. Some people may say Xantias don't belong to Gran Turismo, but with its unique joint of advanced technologies, it may be as important for the Citroen's image as the legendary DS model.

Specs:

Engine: 3.0i V6, 2946 ccm
Power: 191 hp @ 5500 rpm
Torque: 267 Nm @ 4000 rpm
Gearbox: 5-speed manual
Tires: 205/60 R 15 - 205/60 R 15
Wheelbase: 2740 mm
Weight: 1468 kg (65,4 % at front)

0-100 kph: 8,2 sec.
Top speed: 230 kph
0-400 m: 15,9 sec.
0-1000 m: 29,1 sec.

If you want to learn more about the Activa, read this wonderful post written by member of Piston Heads forum, Kitchski. The entire discussion in that thread is also useful. For additional information about the car go to Citroen page here.

If there is a member around GTP who knows a lot about car engineering (@Scaff ), maybe he could post his predictions about the car's handling in Gran Turismo. On what kind of tracks this model would be the most competitive and what would be its disadvantages in comparison to cars with conventional suspension?

Here is the Activa in action:

Reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_Xantia#Activa_active_anti-roll_bars

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=91465

Last edited:
We already have an Xantia like this one in GT6, so there's no need for another one.

Last edited:
We already have an Xantia like this one in GT6, so there's no need for another one.

Hmm.

This car would replace the current Xantia in Gran Turismo.

At this point I'm assuming you didn't actually read it, so here's the important bits.

The Xantia Activa is a special version of the base Xantia, featuring hydropneumatic suspension along with active roll-bars, allowing the car to go around corners with no body roll. This model was extremely rare and sophisticated

Here is the Activa in action:

This car probably deserves a place in Gran Turismo more than most of what gets suggested.

So I'm just curious why you've decided to change your post - which was originally merely a bit daft - into a completely useless contribution to the site.

What on Earth do you think this will achieve (particularly given that it has been quoted) other than a warning for making pointless posts?

So I'm just curious why you've decided to change your post - which was originally merely a bit daft - into a completely useless contribution to the site.

What on Earth do you think this will achieve (particularly given that it has been quoted) other than a warning for making pointless posts?
Changed back to my original post.

I remember watching a video a few years ago of someone doing humongous, flashy 4 wheel drifts in one of these. It was really bizarre to see the car get tossed around that much yet stay bolt upright.

I have found the official results of the Swedish moose test for the entire fleet of cars. Check the OP!

I think that the picture of the OP is from a 1st facelift version (1994-1997).
If I'm not mistaken, the facelift version (1998-2001) had brighter headlights and taillights along with colored bumpers of the panels of the car. I have changed the photo in the OP to avoid confusion.

I have found the official results of the Swedish moose test for the entire fleet of cars. Check the OP!

If I'm not mistaken, the facelift version (1998-2001) had brighter headlights and taillights along with colored bumpers of the panels of the car. I have changed the photo in the OP to avoid confusion.
wrong.
The type 1 also had colored bumpers on the panels of the car.

But the pictures are right. They are for the 2000 Xantia :)
That is true, but not for every xantia type 2, only a few versions such as the "exclusive" or the "Activa" always had the bumpers painted.
Mine in real life for example, doesn't have them painted, they're black.

Could you provide a picture? :) I honestly don't remember seeing the Type 1 with coloured side panels.

Sure :
5578017738_124c507749_b.jpg

Here is the late TYPE 1 model, probably from 1996 or 1997 ( set on the lowest position of the suspension ).
Every activa had the bumpers painted. However, the very first xantia TYPE 1 non activa models hadn't the bumpers painted IIRC, but they only lasted for 1 year, I'm unsure as of when they've introduced the painted bumpers, I just know that in 1995, you could have them ( the activa was presented in 1994 and sold in 1995 ).
There were "2" type 1, the first type 1 had the citroen logo on the hood, then in 1994, they put them on the front grill ( except for the anniversary version which had the logo on the hood to celebrate the anniversary of the car ), the grill also became bigger ( except for the 1.9 TD which already had the bigger grill in 1993 ).

The type 2 xantia also always featured bigger front fenders ( on the type 1, they were only used for the 2.1td and 3.0 v6 engine ).
As a comparison with the first picture, here is an activa from 1995 with the 2.0 16v acav engine, featuring the "small" front bumper and small front fenders :
1f046e7e6a0d31c385020b512018b296.jpg

and here is a stock type 2 xantia activa :
citroen-xantia-665948_5152322.jpg

Aside from the exterior, the interior changed quite a bit too a,d the rear bumper also changed quite a bit.

I'm kind of a xantia guru guy, I had one from 1993 and I've still have one from 1998. The interesting thing was that I actually mostly played GT back in the days for the xantia ( which was insanely hard to get on GT5 but I managed to get it, it was easier on older GTs ). I never understood why the xantia activa wasn't in the game, but i'm sure even though they could "want" to put it in the game, it would be hard to code it physics-wise, or it won't be necessary accurate ...

EDIT : I think it's worth mentioning, the xantia activa v6 is an extremely rare car, only 2000 were sold back in the days, now, there should be between 500-1000 left on the world ...
Most of the xantia activa you'll find will have a diesel engine or the 2.0 turbo engine.

Last edited:
I'm kind of a xantia guru guy, I had one from 1993 and I've still have one from 1998. The interesting thing was that I actually mostly played GT back in the days for the xantia ( which was insanely hard to get on GT5 but I managed to get it, it was easier on older GTs ). I never understood why the xantia activa wasn't in the game, but i'm sure even though they could "want" to put it in the game, it would be hard to code it physics-wise, or it won't be necessary accurate ...
Hey, thanks for the feedback, it was interesting. :)

I think it is possible to mimic Activa's handling in old GTs with a bit of a good setup tweaking, though I personally wouldn't know what accuracy to aim for as I don't know how it drives in real life. I loved the V6 in GT2 and GT4, it had a decent grunt and was interesting to drive in low-class races, but dressed in a conventional family car suit, it really needed that something that would make it stand out from rest of the nice cars the game had. The Activa would have been the right thing to put in.

Back