Civics

  • Thread starter Thread starter GazMac
  • 37 comments
  • 2,081 views
A Civic is not a ricer unless someone makes it one.
 
After me saying I don't like them, i am going to purchase a type R soon, Red leather reccarro seats, Re-mapped engine, carbon fiber roof, etc lol

Type-R's do not come standard with a CF roof.
 
Well ofcoirse they don't, hense the re mapped engine and recarro seats (not standard type r seats)
 
Just because some people treat a car badly, doesn't make it a bad car.

It's a common stereotype (and an often true one) that Silvias end up in walls, Subarus are driven by the worst people on the road and Hondas (specifically Integras and Civics) are destined to have a wide bodykit a loud muffler and have its springs heated by the end of the week if given to a teen.

It doesn't change the fact all of these are magnificent cars.


I completely agree 👍

I think for 'cheap', small engined, front whell drive cars, they are fantastic. Good performance, stock ones sound nice, and they're good pracitcal everyday cars too.

Like mentioned earlier, in Britain, cars like this are popular simply because of the absolutely ridiculous fuel and insurance costs in our country. Something like a Civic is great all round bang for your buck. Sheesh, when I was 23 some years back, it was cheap to be paying £1500 a year to insure a 1.8L Ford Focus, quotes on a R33 Skyline were between £6500-£9000 per year, despite driving for 6 years with 4 years no claims bonus at that point.

A 17 year old can be expected to pay £3000 a year to insure a 15 year old, used 1.0L Vauxhaul Corsa/Ford Fiesta over here.
 
Lewis_Hamilton_
I completely agree 👍

I think for 'cheap', small engined, front whell drive cars, they are fantastic. Good performance, stock ones sound nice, and they're good pracitcal everyday cars too.

Like mentioned earlier, in Britain, cars like this are popular simply because of the absolutely ridiculous fuel and insurance costs in our country. Something like a Civic is great all round bang for your buck. Sheesh, when I was 23 some years back, it was cheap to be paying £1500 a year to insure a 1.8L Ford Focus, quotes on a R33 Skyline were between £6500-£9000 per year, despite driving for 6 years with 4 years no claims bonus at that point.

A 17 year old can be expected to pay £3000 a year to insure a 15 year old, used 1.0L Vauxhaul Corsa/Ford Fiesta over here.

Well, I haven't been driving that long, and I drive a Subaru imprezza WRX Sti, that's because I'm on trading insurance though, but for the type r, proper fully comp insurence, for.me it's only 4000 pound, cheap enough, but il prob just use it under trade insurance aswell
 
I completely agree 👍

I think for 'cheap', small engined, front whell drive cars, they are fantastic. Good performance, stock ones sound nice, and they're good pracitcal everyday cars too.

Like mentioned earlier, in Britain, cars like this are popular simply because of the absolutely ridiculous fuel and insurance costs in our country. Something like a Civic is great all round bang for your buck. Sheesh, when I was 23 some years back, it was cheap to be paying £1500 a year to insure a 1.8L Ford Focus, quotes on a R33 Skyline were between £6500-£9000 per year, despite driving for 6 years with 4 years no claims bonus at that point.

A 17 year old can be expected to pay £3000 a year to insure a 15 year old, used 1.0L Vauxhaul Corsa/Ford Fiesta over here.

Imagine what Top Gear's insureance bills are at that rate. *shudders*
 
The EG6 and EK9 are two of the best performing cars in their respective classes, they're not terribly difficult to learn to drive (Though I find FF impossible and illogical so they never really appealed to me) and they're a street racing darling in most countries.
They're easy to modify since parts are so readily available, plus Honda has a wide range of tuning companies that use their cars as bases.

The Red Badge is world renowned, so people want a bite of that fame. That and they're a rather practical little car that can go like hell if you prod it hard enough.

Not only easy to modify but phenomenally capable once the right stuff has been done to them. I'm 30 now and have been active in the Honda community in my parts for half of my time on this planet. I've never raced from light to light (but I've lapped Laguna Seca plenty of times) and my exhaust tip is only moderate and tucked under the driver's side of the rear bumper, only visible while stooping down and actually looking for it.
 
Not only easy to modify but phenomenally capable once the right stuff has been done to them. I'm 30 now and have been active in the Honda community in my parts for half of my time on this planet. I've never raced from light to light (but I've lapped Laguna Seca plenty of times) and my exhaust tip is only moderate and tucked under the driver's side of the rear bumper, only visible while stooping down and actually looking for it.

Exactly, like I said. Not everybody does these kinds of things to civics so it's not an issue with the car, it's just the age group it attracts due to the reasons that Lewis outlined.

I've met some incredibly respectable Honda drivers and had some great racing with them too, but there's still that stigma about them no matter what it seems.

Good on you though for respecting your wonderful car 👍
 
Back