Clarification on AUP - Harassment

• Thread starter R3V
  • 6 comments

R3V

Bahrain
Bahrain
You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.
Is reacting to every one of my posts with the poop emoji and/or reaction gifs harassment? I was introduced to the opinions forum with them and saw no action taken. It was clearly targeted. Recently I decided to reciprocate with the post reactions and it seems to be getting under some members' skins.

I asked @Scaff for clarification as to what posts of mine contained "digs at other members", which I do not recall. I was told it's none of my business. Just minutes ago @Famine insinuated I'm crossing a line of some sort.

I'd like to know where the lines are drawn and how to proceed, as I'm not enjoying my stay here at the moment. Targeted antagonistic behavior, being called a "troll" and a "kremlin stooge" at one point, and another word today, constantly being told my English is no good. That's not fun. Especially when reacting to that behavior in any way myself results in moderation.

A general clarification would be greatly appreciated.

R3V
Is reacting to every one of my posts with the poop emoji and/or reaction gifs harassment? I was introduced to the opinions forum with them and saw no action taken. It was clearly targeted. Recently I decided to reciprocate with the post reactions and it seems to be getting under some members' skins.

I asked @Scaff for clarification as to what posts of mine contained "digs at other members", which I do not recall. I was told it's none of my business. Just minutes ago @Famine insinuated I'm crossing a line of some sort.

I'd like to know where the lines are drawn and how to proceed, as I'm not enjoying my stay here at the moment. Targeted antagonistic behavior, being called a "troll" and a "kremlin stooge" at one point, and another word today, constantly being told my English is no good. That's not fun. Especially when reacting to that behavior in any way myself results in moderation.

A general clarification would be greatly appreciated.
If you believe that using the Reaction function is harassment, why would you reciprocate?

Nonetheless, if you believe someone's posts or behaviour is breaking the Acceptable Use Policy, use the Report feature. Note that this is only to be used for reporting things that break the Acceptable Use Policy, rather than things you simply don't like or agree with.

If you believe that using the Reaction function is harassment, why would you reciprocate?
Because others have been doing it to me and getting away with it, so I assumed it's not considered harassment and just "banter" by the mod team. Initially I even thought it was actually friendly and all for fun, but actual insults and accusations began to follow. That's when I decided to reciprocate, as it seemed ok to do that. I recall pointing it out at, although not to a mod.
R3V
Did I kill your dog or something? I know I've been making a record number of friends the past couple of days here, but it's hilarious how you're reacting with the poop emoji to all my posts 😂
I tried not to use/abuse the report function because it may result in bans. I know it would ultimately be your decision, but I'd rather not have someone banned because of me. Should I report such behavior going forward, or DM you? Again, I'd prefer users are warned so things stay civil, instead of bans.

If you have to ask whether it’s okay to behave in a certain way, then it’s probably not a good idea to behave like that.

I don’t think it’s possible to pinpoint exactly what behaviours are allowed and what behaviours aren’t, just like in criminal law you can’t pinpoint exactly what behaviours constitute a crime. It depends on the context and it’s pretty much up to the moderators to judge whether you’ve gone too far.

If you have to ask whether it’s okay to behave in a certain way, then it’s probably not a good idea to behave like that.

I don’t think it’s possible to pinpoint exactly what behaviours are allowed and what behaviours aren’t, just like in criminal law you can’t pinpoint exactly what behaviours constitute a crime. It depends on the context and it’s pretty much up to the moderators to judge whether you’ve gone too far.
Wouldn't have asked if a mod didn't accuse me of making digs at members, then another implying my behavior is being discussed. Difficult to understand what I'm doing wrong when no one's really telling me anything. I just assumed it's the poop emoji, which I've been firing at bad posts instead of responding.

R3V
You'd have to point me towards all these posts of yours I'm supposed to have randomly pooped and harassed you with in order to make a case here. As far as I can see from searching your posts in this forum it was only a couple, one of which I removed when you complained. Meanwhile...

Screenshot_20220531-021837_Chrome.jpg

If you're going to react like a child I think people are going to pick up on this and react accordingly, which probably explains the reactions your posts are getting now.

Just saying.

Complaining about the way the moderation staff here do their jobs isn't likely to get them on your side in your war against the members here, either, especially after they've pointed out your dishonest, bad faith behaviour on other threads.

Last edited:
Back