Class B RWD Under 8'min Nurburgring

RyosukeGunma
Tau88
Does anyone like challenges? Me and some friends decide to make a challenge: trying to break the 8 min barrier with a B Class car RWD only. All the leaderboards car are AWD and it takes no skill to make under 8 minutes. My fastest car is currently the Ferrari 512TR with 7.57.9xx.

This challenge is actually pretty tough. You need to clear every corners with a perfect line, without going to the grass and such.

This is pretty tough....I tried it with my Countach and wasn't even close to 8 min haha.

Ill have to try again with something faster...:)

I only have three cars tuned for B class. SRT4 - 8'20s, S2000 - 8'21 I think, Exige 240 Cup - 8'18. None of them are really suited for big open tracks like the Ring though.

I managed a two-lap run in my NSX-R GT at just over 8:18.8, and I think I could cut a few more seconds off, but it's tough. I'm tinkering with an F355 right now, based on some initial runs, it's looking like it is at least 6 seconds faster than the Honda. I'll have to keep tinkering, might try something with the Cayman S as well.

I'm pretty sure on Fm2 with the b700 60 charger with the hemi conversion on stock tyres you could get close or exceed this. you had to be a god on the throttle though if you was not using lady aids.

Best to do without these so no ABS or TCS and once you master progressive inputs you will go quicker than bogging down the tcs or locking the ABS.

Also i recall i had some good results with a stock cts-v again if you could hold it down.

i find RWD cars hard to drive, they're so touchy coming out of a corner...not on forza, don't own the game...just in general on prologue

Last edited:
I've been meaning to give this a go, will do so over the weekend. Might try S2000 or California but wont be up at the pointy end.

I am gonna try this too. I will post the updates soon. off to 360 now

Edited:
My own tuning setup Honda Integra Type R (8.2x.xxx) Not bad from start at grid not a roll start and got off road twice. I will try again when I can.

Either will try M3 GTR Stock

:)

Last edited:
I am gonna try this too. I will post the updates soon. off to 360 now

Edited:
My own tuning setup Honda Integra Type R (8.2x.xxx) Not bad from start at grid not a roll start and got off road twice. I will try again when I can.

Either will try M3 GTR Stock

:)

My times were usually about 10s faster on the second lap because of the standing start and having warm tires.

By the way I guess we have to have a clean lap for this to count?

That is usually the way it works. Standard OLR rlues I would think. Two wheels on the track at all times and Yada Yada Yada. How about a lap contest without any tuning? Just stock everything from Free Race. Let's a noob like me at least think he has a chance. :)

A single-make, or perhaps a stock-class series could be interesting on the Nurburgring. I'd be up to make some runs.

So I gave this a go and realised how slow I am lol.

My best was in a modded B500 Lotus Exige Cup-8:35:xxx.

I'm all for stock and modified. Two classes perhaps?

Just gave this a shot myself and finished with a "mostly clean" 8:25 in a B500 Aston Martin DB5. At least I look really good with my RAF Spitfire inspired livery scheme ;). Considering the car I'm pretty pleased.

Does anyone like challenges? Me and some friends decide to make a challenge: trying to break the 8 min barrier with a B Class car RWD only. All the leaderboards car are AWD and it takes no skill to make under 8 minutes. My fastest car is currently the Ferrari 512TR with 7.57.9xx.

This challenge is actually pretty tough. You need to clear every corners with a perfect line, without going to the grass and such.

I first read this and thought it sounded quite easy. It was only when I went to try it that I realised I'd not been under 8m in a B class car at all, and that 8m is currently #319 on the leaderboard. Best I've managed so far is 8:16 in a Corvette GS, but it's set up for too much grip and not enough speed for a real 'Ring car so I hope I can do better, preferably without resorting to the NSX or Evora.

Definitely a fun challenge :)

Back