Class D 400 cars

• Thread starter frestkd
  • 26 comments
What do you think is the best D400 Class car setups? I've be building D400 Pontiac Solstices lately and selling them for about 20,000 to 25,000 Cr. on FM2 Auction House. I build the car, then usually go race it in the Professional Series' D-Class World Trophy Race Series before I put it up for auction Here's my setup .... it works well to, but I have the AI set on easy. So I really don't know if it's good on the other AI settings, but I do have suggested line, ABS, TCS, STM, fuel/tire Wear all off, automatic shifting, and cosmetic damage.

2006 Pontaic Solstice D400 Class Car.
Power: 192hp
Torque: 172lb-ft
Weight: 2,532lbs

Tuning Settings

Front Tire Pressure : 25psi
Gearing; Final Drive Ratio: 4.25

Modifications:

GM Performance Div. – Street Cams & Valves:
Wilwood Street Brakes:
Koni USA – Sport Springs & Dampers:
Addco – Sport Anti-Roll Bars:
GM Performance Div. – Race Transmission:
Tilton – Race Clutch:
Fidanza – Race Flywheel:
GM Performance Div. – Race Driveline:
Sparco USA – Sport Weight Reduction:

Kristof

I find Sunset Peninsula Infield Long a great place to test the overall performance of a car.
- top speed on the speedway section,
- hard braking at the end of the straights
- acceleration while exiting the corners
- stability in the chicanes

I find it much better than Mugello short where the straight is too short and where there are no chicane.

I find Sunset Peninsula Infield Long a great place to test the overall performance of a car.
- top speed on the speedway section,
- hard braking at the end of the straights
- acceleration while exiting the corners
- stability in the chicanes

I find it much better than Mugello short where the straight is too short and where there are no chicane.

That's my favorite course in FM2 ....

I tend to use Suzuka to test most of my cars, but for the lesser D-class models, I tend to use tighter and more complicated courses from the infield listings. I'm pretty much going to be switching between a Sentra SE-R and the Vauxhall VXR for my D-class races.

While we are all revealing our secret test tracks...

I spend my tuning time at Mugello long. Good variety of sweepers, chicane, and straights. My Mini can run a 1'53.xxx there as long as I don't clip any rumble strips.

YSSMAN
I tend to use Suzuka to test most of my cars

Me as well, I find it has enough different corners that I can tune my cars over all.

Edit:
To add to the thread I use the Ford Mustang Boss 429, it's only 399 D class but is works well:).

Last night before I went to bed I built 3 D400 Solstices. When I got home I raced one of the D400 Solstices that I built last night in the Pro Series' D-Class World Trophy, won it out right, painted it orange, then put up for auction for starting price of 5000 Cr, and a buyout price of 10,000Cr. After I put the first car into the auction I start racing the second D400 Solstice. I had the first D400 Solstice sold by the second race of the second D400 Solstice. After I got done racing the second D400 Solstice I put that up for Auction too at 5,000Cr/10,000Cr. We'll see how fast that sells.

Kristof

1:10.053 is that fast? I really don't know just ran it ...

Kristof

I just took my Wings West Civic (level 5, D397) on Mugello Short and I have bad news for your Solstice : I ran my first fast lap in 1'06.902.
And the Civic has no particular setting, a shorter gearbox ratio would probably have shaved off 2 seconds.

D400 cars can be really fun. I Don't have any specific cars atm, but I've had a few.

Btw, Tedehur, I hate your avatar :D

I just took my Wings West Civic (level 5, D397) on Mugello Short and I have bad news for your Solstice : I ran my first fast lap in 1'06.902.
And the Civic has no particular setting, a shorter gearbox ratio would probably have shaved off 2 seconds.

Well I got it down to 1:09.974, but hey they're selling like crazy though and I have no idea why ... I put them up on auction at 5,000Cr/25,000 for 24Hrs. Most of the time they sell with in an hour go figure?

Kristof

I test my cars on the Nuerburgring, the mother of all race courses ;)
D and C class cars in Tsukuba.

Good D class cars :
Mazda Axella turbo charged ( 260 hp )
Nissan Silivia K's special edition or how it's called. I'm rather successful with these cars.

cool ... I'm doing some updates of my D400 cars it just look too stock to me so I'm toying around with different tuning parts.

I got my D400 Porsche 914/6 to a 1:05.8 and there's still some room for improvement. With some more practice, I could get a 1:04 I think. :)

My other D400 car, the Silvia S14, I was able to get it down to 1:06.9.

My D399 Astra VXR beat the 2nd place VXR at the Tsukuba 45 lap endurance by 2:06. Nearly 2 whole laps. Trying to get passed slower moving back markers requires patience, but boy, it meant some breathtaking overtaking maneuvers

Took my D400 Trueno yesterday night to Mugello short, and after 8 laps I was down to 1'04.567 with the original 90kW (120hp).
My best time in a D400 car so far. I'll play a bit more with the settings to try and improve it.

Edit :
Just tried the Tsukuba 45-lapper enduro in the Trueno, and ran a 48:33.251, with a best lap in 1'02.990.

Back