Classic Car Cup: Lotus beats AC427 & BUICK Shocker!

I've been obsessed with the World Classic Car Series (Professional) today!

I beat the AC427 with my Chevy Corvette Convertible earlier, then tried a few other cars (eg: S800 race car, Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA) but couldnt get close

Then, I had a brainstorm!! What about my Lotus Elan S1 '62?

Set up: SR exhaust, chip, stage 3 NA, SS tyres, race brakes (3/3), SR susp, fc tranny (setting 7), triple clutch, race flywheel, carbon shaft, stage 3 weight red, port polish, engine balance, stiffness, no NOS.... 198 bhp, top speed around 135 mph

Opponents:
AC 427
BUICK Special
(others werent important)

AC427 and the BUICK??? wow, have I any chance??

I didnt write copious notes, just really wanted to see if I was mad or not LOL

I did the series (same as I did with the Chevy) but didnt bother qualifying on any race this time. The BUICK was pole and the AC427 2nd on the grid for every race.

Race 1:
1st: my Lotus
2nd: BUICK (+1.8 sec)
3rd: AC (+1.9)

Race 2:
1st: Lotus
2nd: AC (+4.7)
3rd: BUICK (+7.9)

Race 3:
1st: BUICK
2nd: AC (+3.3)
3rd: Lotus (+23.1)

Race 4:
2nd: BUICK (+0.4)
3rd: AC (+1.7)

Race 5:
2nd: BUICK (+4.8)
3rd: AC (+5.2)

Blimey, easy peasy (apart from the 'Ring, which was to be expected)!!

And now I have another crap prize car :yuck:

But, fun nonetheless!!

Gord

"a" spec points.... now this is the bit that really annoys me (and other posters, i'm sure)

u get:

BUGGER ALL!!!!

with my chevy convertible, i got 5 (YES FIVE) per race
with the lotus elan, i got a MASSIVE 6 (YES SIX)!!!

the trouble is, even though the field contains the awesome AC 427 plus some other nice cars (eg the BUICK Special), the remainder of the field generally seems to be pants!! (i even saw a Citroen 2CV while I was trying to get the AC to turn up!!!).... so there doesnt seem to be a way of getting any decent "a" pts in this bl**dy race, which is annoying in the extreme :banghead:

Latest Posts

Back