Classic Cars not allowed in Classic Races

  • Thread starter Thread starter xfullboost
  • 8 comments
  • 1,444 views
Messages
18
United States
Maryland
Messages
xfullboost
Messages
xfullboost
I've noticed that the Historic/Classic series are restricting cars for users, but the AI uses them.

For example, the NA Classic Muscle Car Series: 1980 or earlier, the Buick Special GT Award winner is not allowed. It was originally produced in 1966 but was modded and won the GT award in 2007. The AI can use it, and dominates the series, its just on another level of fast.

Jay Lenos 1969 Toronado is also restricted.

There is no way of finding this out until after you spend the 1mill cr.

so be warned fellow GT6ers, modded classic cars are not allowed in classic races!

I believe this should be changed, as these classic car races are a perfect venue for these modded muscle cars. Hell, I've got to bump up the PP on stock muscle cars anyway just to keep up with the Special.
 
Similarly I've faced a Turbo car in an NA event.
 
Yep, it's like the rules apply only to players, not to AI.
The Transcammer is also not allowed (based on a classic Mustang) and that red thing - Red Devil? Can't remember it's name.
 
I understand this... however in the Hot Hatch series, we can use anything we want and they use the correct cars. It balances out. It'd be nice if they did fine tune it ALL, though.
 
I bought the Shelby Cobra "Chrome Line" just to discover it was'nt allowed in the classic car race. Seems if the car dosn't have a date on the title it dos't trigger for the event.
 
The Tornado and Buick Special are actually modern rebuilds on a classic chassis/body... same as Art Morrison 'vette... That's the reason they are not allowed on Classic series, same as on GT5.
 
SEMA cars have always been locked out, correct?
 
I can see why PD would not allow you to use them, but can't really understand why the AI can. The Buick, Toronado, etc are all old cars modded with new parts (?) so they're not legitimately new. Or I think it's to create a challenge. It's common for people owning muscle cars to upgrade them. Up their power, customize it to their liking, if I was to be ambitious (very much so) I would say that PD wants us to take an eligible car and tune them to win. I entered the classic muscle series with a stock El Camino, realized that it's way underpowered compared to the Cobra, so I bolted a supercharger on it, and had a great time. Even if at Matterhorn I couldn't take the chequered flag. Just couldn't beat those Cobra's, one being a Chrome Special Cobra. But I beat the Buick Special (who placed 4th). I got 3rd, 10 more meters and it would have been 2nd...

11460560396_d650102963.jpg


See.

PS: On 0 ABS, you can brake about 40% in the El Camino and then the brakes lock up completely. :lol:
 
Back