Classic Cars.

• Thread starter bigmull
  • 12 comments
England
England
I may be old fashioned but i prefer the older Classics,50's,60's and 70's cars.They look and in my mind sound better that the newer cars.I wish that there were races for these Cars.So enjoy my latest two purchases,the Alpine 220 and the Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta in 2 laps of each at Le Mans.They both need a wee bit of tinkering of the settings but they perform really well as they are at present.

I created a one-hour endurance race with road cars from the 60’s and 70’s. Random weather, 24x time acceleration, 3x tyre wear and fuel
consumption.

5DD3E723-AB27-4F5D-843C-CB882912A8D2.jpeg

It's nice to o talk about cars in the game. ;)

The CSLs and 429 are my choice rides. Classic Porsches are fun indeed and the 300SEL is something special.

Still warming up to the Mondial. Not my style. The 250 Berlinetta is though. Lots of fun to be had pre-1980s.

Last edited:
I am not a Porsche fan nor really a Ferrari fan.but their early cars are lovely to drive.the Aston DB5 and DB3s are great cars as is the D and E Type Jags.The DeTomasos are great sounding cars but shred tyres at an alarming rate,the 2 Shelby Cobras are stonkingly good but fuel economy doesnt really apply to them.I would love to see some 1950s and 1960s F1 cars,the sound of the BRM P16 V16 Cylinder is astounding.BRM made some awesome cars.A full 4Hr Le Mans race for these cars would be awesome,or even just add the ability to make a save point in custom Endurance races.

Yeah some monopostos would be really great like the Alfetta, Ferraris, Maseratis or even something like Talbot.

I personally like to drive the Porsche 550 Spyder right now, such a simple, pure but at the same time beautiful and nice to drive car! Like to drive it around the Nürburgring, the Ferrari 500 Mondial is a good opponent against it.

I enjoy the mechanical and engine sounds from them. They almost have a personality when driving them compared to newer cars. I like the fact they are a little sketchy and it's all on my throttle control and steering input with no electronics. Most of them handle better than the new Nissan Z I used for the time trial yesterday, what a mushy feeling car!

I may be old fashioned but i prefer the older Classics,50's,60's and 70's cars.They look and in my mind sound better that the newer cars.I wish that there were races for these Cars.So enjoy my latest two purchases,the Alpine 220 and the Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta in 2 laps of each at Le Mans.They both need a wee bit of tinkering of the settings but they perform really well as they are at present.

I'm liking the sound of the 250. That A220 is a killer car. It just doesn't like to turn at low speed when braking. Easily compensated for.

I'm liking the sound of the 250. That A220 is a killer car. It just doesn't like to turn at low speed when braking. Easily compensated for.
I dont have any issues with cornering with the A220 at low speeds to be honest.I was determined to use both Cobras at Le Mans as their fuel use was crazy and they kind of shredded tyres.So i removed the forced induction stuff and tinkered with the gearbox.In the end i can get around 4 laps on a tank.I was a bit worried they might lose grunt in 5th due to my gear ratio tinkering,the Cobra Daytona does a bit but its not hanging around in 4th.They both sound great but the Daytona sounds the best.Sadly you cant set them up to race them as intended with 4 wheel drifting if you dont want to change tyres each lap.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back