Classics or Modern F1's?

• Total voters

mister dog

(Banned)
Belgium
Spain
misterdog
misterdog7
I'm enjoying F1 2013 a lot just because of those classics. They manage to intrigue me more as they are beautiful, fast and there are big differences in between them. The downforce is there in lesser degrees so they move about and there's a delicate touch needed with both braking and steering, in other words you really need to adapt to the car, so finding the sweet spot is more rewarding in the end.

If it weren't for the classic content, i suspect the game would be gathering dust in my closet as fast as F1 2012 did, as i find the modern day cars more work and less fun. They are so fast through corners because of the huge amounts of downforce, so every corner has to be perfectly taken and you have more entry speed because the brakes are better. On top of that you also have to think about additional stuff like kers and DRS as to not loose time on the rest of the pack every lap also...

So here's my question to you; do you end up playing a lot more with the classic content just like me, or are the modern day F1's from the 2013 season your cup of tea and why?

I have 80's classic edition.
I found these cars, fun to drive, neither DRS nor KER to push on while passing through corner.
By the way can we use these cars on modern tracks?
I just test settings with old Lotus and modern one on old tracks.
About tracks, Brand Hatch is awesome while Jerez is a pain to drive.
I would pick Imola and Brand Hatch instead of Estoril/Jerez.

I'm only playing career now. I only drove the classics to get the gold medal in the scenarios and that one time attack.

By the way can we use these cars on modern tracks?
I just test settings with old Lotus and modern one on old tracks.
Yes you can drive them on modern tracks, you have to press R1-L1 i think to switch between classic and modern tracks, so it seems you missed out on a lot so far :dopey:

Classics, without a doubt. They are more 'alive' than the modern-day cars, and they have that 'timeless' appeal to them.

I haven't really touched the modern-cars, other than the young-drivers test. I plan to run a 'faux season' with the F1 87/88c through the modern tracks at some point, and then either get started with WRC-4 (if it's arrived), or re-join my friends in WHaT & Ameer's Cruise Club with some slightly-tweaked street cars, letting my inner-hoon out for a bit.

Back