Clean Race Criteria

  • Thread starter Thread starter seadog777
  • 13 comments
  • 1,546 views

seadog777

Premium
Messages
3,014
Malaysia
Iskandar
Messages
seadog777
It's happened a lot before but yesterday, while grinding on Blue Moon, I got tapped (twice) from behind when slowing down for back-markers at corners. Thought "Clean Race" bonus was gone, but it wasn't and got Cr 285k (thanks a bunch!).

Today, pretty much exactly the same thing happened... and I didn't get the bonus and walked away with only Cr 190k. That's a lot of pretend money to lose when you're saving up for an old car!

Is there any known criteria about when you will lose the bonus, and when you won't? It would be great to have something on screen that lets you know (if it happens early, abort!)
 
Hello all,

I too, would like to know the answer to this one. I have completed - what I thought!!! - was a clean race and collected no bonus. Another race, where I thought the bonus was lost, through the actions of A.N. Other and bonus collected! Confused here.

Also - If I may and apologies to Seadog - Does clipping a wall lose the clean race bonus?

Best regards as always to all here.

Ian.
 
It depends on whether the referee is checking his phone at the time of contact.

Small bumps usually get forgiven offline. On line it's easy to see, when you get SR Down, the bonus is gone. Touching walls and going off track also remove the bonus, however it is possible to still get the bonus with a minor shortcut penalty. It's a mystery.
 
In my experience, some contact with opponents is not such a big deal. Touching a wall or crossing track limits is, however, almost 100% blowing your clean race bonus.

Above is your answer.

On your end making light contact with other cars will not take away your bonus. If contact is the AI fault then it doesn't matter how hard they hit you it won't take away your bonus.
But hit a wall or run off the track or use a short cut and then you can definitely kiss that clean race bonus goodbye.
 
Above is your answer.

On your end making light contact with other cars will not take away your bonus. If contact is the AI fault then it doesn't matter how hard they hit you it won't take away your bonus.
But hit a wall or run off the track or use a short cut and then you can definitely kiss that clean race bonus goodbye.

Thanks Rinsky (and all other contributors!).... but I am still a bit confused about "fault". On both the occasions I mentioned in the OP, I'd overtaken a fast car and then come up against back markers in a corner, and rather than risk going around the outside (when they sometimes magically decide to veer towards you!) I slowed down to follow them through.... then got hit. Both felt about the same force.... could it be that one was considered my fault for going in to the other's racing line and one wasn't?

Happened again this morning and the Veryon hit me so hard I spun off! No bonus for that one either! :irked:
 
It seems “clean race” is a lot more sensitive to track cuts and barriers than it is to car-car contact. I’ve slammed and been slammed into and still gotten the bonus. Even in sport mode in fact.
 
Thanks Rinsky (and all other contributors!).... but I am still a bit confused about "fault". On both the occasions I mentioned in the OP, I'd overtaken a fast car and then come up against back markers in a corner, and rather than risk going around the outside (when they sometimes magically decide to veer towards you!) I slowed down to follow them through.... then got hit. Both felt about the same force.... could it be that one was considered my fault for going in to the other's racing line and one wasn't?

Happened again this morning and the Veryon hit me so hard I spun off! No bonus for that one either! :irked:

Like it was mentioned before the game is not to sensitive on car contact only when it comes to your clean race bonus. But if your unlucky enough to get forced off the track by the AI then it doesn't matter who's fault it is. The game just detects you going off the track
 
ok i will explain everything; note it down!

1 - being magician: you are thinking to driving the racing line perfectly is enough. nope. you need to also be a magician and when a guy is a guy try to squeeze your car like a lemon by not giving any space. in these times you need to able to ghost your vehicle or move the other guys brain out.

2 - being fortune teller: of course you have eyes and you need to see who is braking on front of you and you should not bumber check anyone. this rule does not apply to the guys behind you. for this, you need to see the future and predict their unbraking.

3 - being monk: no man, you did not understand! we are not trying to make some woholololo and gain the rivals car like in age of empires! nope! you need to be like a monk, huuuuge patience for idiots. they can try everything to make you angry but you should be calm aaaaalll the time. revenge is the best dish? naah! not in this game!

so far it looks like this. am i wrong?
 
Ok, thanks, Rinsky. Just have to try harder not to get hit (stay away from the Veryon, the Viper and the purple Porsche!!)
 
ok i will explain everything; note it down!

1 - being magician: you are thinking to driving the racing line perfectly is enough. nope. you need to also be a magician and when a guy is a guy try to squeeze your car like a lemon by not giving any space. in these times you need to able to ghost your vehicle or move the other guys brain out.

2 - being fortune teller: of course you have eyes and you need to see who is braking on front of you and you should not bumber check anyone. this rule does not apply to the guys behind you. for this, you need to see the future and predict their unbraking.

3 - being monk: no man, you did not understand! we are not trying to make some woholololo and gain the rivals car like in age of empires! nope! you need to be like a monk, huuuuge patience for idiots. they can try everything to make you angry but you should be calm aaaaalll the time. revenge is the best dish? naah! not in this game!

so far it looks like this. am i wrong?

Very funny!
 
I find it inconsistent sometimes when it comes to the criteria of getting the clean race bonus. When I did some grinding around Le Mans (X2014 Nations Cup) to buy the XJ13, I recall getting some light taps from the AIs and even getting some slight corner cuts along the way and yet I still managed to get the clean race bonus. Then when the same thing happened, I didn't get away with the clean race bonus.
 
Due to my experience, over 600 grinding races (lemans+blue moon+other), IF the AI/opponent car HITS you , various reasons (braking late, turn lines etc etc ), you have the 60÷80% to mantain the bonus, it depends on game logic.
If you HIT the other car you LOSE the bonus ...

IR
 
Back